Hello, I hope I'm doing this right. I discovered a bug where the spacing between rows becomes too large in a mathmatrix when used in between \startalign and \stopalign. I posted on StackExchange and was told to report it here: http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/130636/context-wrong-mathmatrix-spacing-between-rows-in-startalign-environment I've included the MWE, from the above link, below. Thanks for the quick response, Andreas From \setupmathmatrix[left={\left[\,}, right={\,\right]}] \starttext \startformula \startmathmatrix \NC 1 \NR \NC 2 \NR \NC 3 \NR \stopmathmatrix \stopformula \startformula \startalign \NC \startmathmatrix \NC 1 \NR \NC 2 \NR \NC 3 \NR \stopmathmatrix \NR \stopalign \stopformula \stoptext