* deviant bodyfont size query
@ 2005-06-26 21:28 Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2005-06-26 21:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Until the last three updates to ConTeXt, I was getting output without
error messages inspite of the fact that I was calling for bodyfont
sizes of 10.5 pt and 9.5 pt.  Now, when I process the same documents
I get error messages and the output has 10pt and 9pt text where I had
originally asked for the deviant sizes.

Unfortunately, this output is smaller than I was getting before.
Moreover, when I call for bodyfont sizes of 11pt and 10pt now, the
output is larger.

The problem is that i ned to maintain the appearance of the documents
that I have been typesetting. So what was I getting before—how were
these deviant bodysizes rendered—and, more important, does anyone
know how can I get the same result now?

  Cheers, Alan

* Re: deviant bodyfont size query
@ 2005-06-27  8:10 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-06-27  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alan Bowen wrote:
> Until the last three updates to ConTeXt, I was getting output without
> error messages inspite of the fact that I was calling for bodyfont
> sizes of 10.5 pt and 9.5 pt.  Now, when I process the same documents  I
> get error messages and the output has 10pt and 9pt text where I had
> originally asked for the deviant sizes.

This (or something similar) should work:

  \definebodyfont [10.5pt,9.5pt] [rm,ss,tt,mm] [default]

The newer ConTeXt no longer automatically creates a font definition
set for undefined sizes, you have to do that manually.

Greetings, taco

* Re: deviant bodyfont size query
@ 2005-06-27 10:27   ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2005-06-27 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks, Taco. That helps: I now have the correct bodyfont sizes.
Unfortunately,  the footnote numbers are now being printed at 10.5pt/
9.5pt, and I am also getting error messages like

! Math formula deleted: Insufficient symbol fonts.
<argument> ...2004.\ Pp.\ ${\rm xxxii} + 156 + 76$
                                                    (in Arabic).\
ISBN 0||934...

I am using Latin Modern which I have invoked as follows:

\usetypescript [all] [latin-modern] [texnansi]
\setupbodyfont[reset]
\definebodyfont [10.5pt,9.5pt] [rm,ss,tt,mm] [default]
\setupbodyfont[cmr, 10.5pt]

(\definebodyfont [10.5pt,9.5pt] [rm,ss,tt,mm] [texnansi] does not
solve the original problem).

As for the footnotes, I use
\setupfootnotes[conversion=numbers,
way=bytext,location=page,rule=on,bodyfont=9.5pt,style=normal]

Best, Alan

@ 2005-06-27 10:54 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-06-27 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alan Bowen wrote:
> Until the last three updates to ConTeXt, I was getting output without
> error messages inspite of the fact that I was calling for bodyfont
> sizes of 10.5 pt and 9.5 pt.  Now, when I process the same documents  I
> get error messages and the output has 10pt and 9pt text where I had
> originally asked for the deviant sizes.
>
> Unfortunately, this output is smaller than I was getting before.
> Moreover, when I call for bodyfont sizes of 11pt and 10pt now, the
> output is larger.
>
> The problem is that i ned to maintain the appearance of the documents
> that I have been typesetting. So what was I getting before—how were
> these deviant bodysizes rendered—and, more important, does anyone  know
> how can I get the same result now?

Can you try the latest (todays) current?

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2005-06-28 11:04   ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2005-06-28 11:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans, the latest ConTeXt (6.27.2005) solves the font-size problem
handily. Many thanks to you (and to Taco too): I am now back in
business.

All best, Alan