* Feature request: linespacing in (foot)notes
@ 2008-11-14  0:01 Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-11-14  0:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

I try to change the linedistance in my footnotes but this
is a pain with the current interface, I slightly modified
the \setnotebodyfont macro and hope this could also be
done in core-not.

\def\setnotebodyfont
   {\let\setnotebodyfont\relax
    \restoreglobalbodyfont
    \switchtobodyfont[\noteparameter\c!bodyfont]%
    \setuptolerance[\noteparameter\c!tolerance]%
    \setupalign[\noteparameter\c!align]%
    \noteparameter\c!commands} % <- new

I used this setup in my document:

\startsetups footnote:interlinespace

\setupinterlinespace[line=11pt]

\stopsetups

\setupnote
   [footnote]
   [bodyfont=9pt,
    commands=\directsetup{footnote:interlinespace}]

Regards,
Wolfgang

* Re: Feature request: linespacing in (foot)notes
@ 2008-11-14 16:07 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2008-11-14 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I try to change the linedistance in my footnotes but this
> is a pain with the current interface, I slightly modified
> the \setnotebodyfont macro and hope this could also be
> done in core-not.

You can also exploit the before key for this.

http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20070314.020258.3501cc05.en.html

> \def\setnotebodyfont
>   {\let\setnotebodyfont\relax
>    \restoreglobalbodyfont
>    \switchtobodyfont[\noteparameter\c!bodyfont]%
>    \setuptolerance[\noteparameter\c!tolerance]%
>    \setupalign[\noteparameter\c!align]%
>    \noteparameter\c!commands} % <- new

I would suggest using setups key rather than commands. In fact, I wish all
commands had a setup=... key. Tweaking the before key is not always
convinient.

Aditya

* Re: Feature request: linespacing in (foot)notes
@ 2008-11-14 17:07   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-11-14 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 14.11.2008 um 17:07 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:

> On Fri, 14 Nov 2008, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I try to change the linedistance in my footnotes but this
>> is a pain with the current interface, I slightly modified
>> the \setnotebodyfont macro and hope this could also be
>> done in core-not.
>
> You can also exploit the before key for this.
>
> http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20070314.020258.3501cc05.en.html

I already tried the before key but it comes to early and
\restoreglobalbodyfont cancels the setting.

I tried also \setupbodyfontenvironment but I don't want
this because I could have also normal running text in
the same size as the footnote but the linedistance need
to be bigger.

>> \def\setnotebodyfont
>>  {\let\setnotebodyfont\relax
>>   \restoreglobalbodyfont
>>   \switchtobodyfont[\noteparameter\c!bodyfont]%
>>   \setuptolerance[\noteparameter\c!tolerance]%
>>   \setupalign[\noteparameter\c!align]%
>>   \noteparameter\c!commands} % <- new
>
> I would suggest using setups key rather than commands. In fact, I
> wish all
> commands had a setup=... key. Tweaking the before key is not always
> convinient.

I don't care if the key is commands, setups, inbetween ...
as long as it possible to change the linedistance I'm happy
but something need to be done and I mean now and not in
a few months/years, we live long enough with this restriction.

Wolfgang