* Copyright Symbol
@ 2011-12-08  4:12 Malte Stien
From: Malte Stien @ 2011-12-08  4:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi everyone,

How do I get a copyright symbol in ConTeXt, you know the circle with the 'C' in the centre? I expected it to be \textcopyright as in LaTeX, but that does not seem to work. Rather than just telling me the answer, where would I look that up? Sooner or later I will need other symbols. The special characters listed in the manual are quite limited. Is there a list somewhere?

Thank you,
Malte.

* Re: Copyright Symbol
@ 2011-12-08  4:26 ` Pontus Lurcock
From: Pontus Lurcock @ 2011-12-08  4:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Thu 08 Dec 2011, Malte Stien wrote:

> How do I get a copyright symbol in ConTeXt, you know the circle with
> the 'C' in the centre? I expected it to be \textcopyright as in
> LaTeX, but that does not seem to work.

If you're using a font which contains the symbol, and if you're using
MkIV, you can just enter © directly as a UTF-8 character in the input
file and it should Just Work. (© may be in your keyboard layout, or
you may need to use some kind of character chooser utility. On the
US-international layout of an Ubuntu Linux system, I get it with
[Right Alt]-c.)

> Rather than just telling me the answer, where would I look that up?
> Sooner or later I will need other symbols. The special characters
> listed in the manual are quite limited. Is there a list somewhere?

For anything you can't get as a unicode character in your main font,
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Symbols is probably a good place to
start.

Pont

* Re: Copyright Symbol
@ 2011-12-08  4:30 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-12-08  4:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 08.12.2011 um 05:12 schrieb Malte Stien:

> Hi everyone,
>
> How do I get a copyright symbol in ConTeXt, you know the circle with the 'C' in the centre? I expected it to be \textcopyright as in LaTeX, but that does not seem to work. Rather than just telling me the answer, where would I look that up? Sooner or later I will need other symbols. The special characters listed in the manual are quite limited. Is there a list somewhere?

\starttext
\copyright
\stoptext

Wolfgang