* Lettrine and colors
@ 2012-01-10 11:03 Michael Guravage
From: Michael Guravage @ 2012-01-10 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Greetings,

It appears that specifying a FontHook in setuplettrine that inclues a color
simply breaks. This feature worked with ConTeXt from 2011.07.26, but breaks
in ConTeXt from 2012.01.09. Any suggestions how to resolve this would be
mightily appreciated.

Here is a minimal example:

\usemodule[lettrine]

\setuplettrine [FontHook={\color[red]}]

\starttext

  \lettrine{W}{e thrive} in information||thick worlds because of our
  marvelous and everyday capacity to select, edit, single out,
  structure, highlight, group, pair, merge, harmonize, synthesize,
  focus, organize, condense, reduce, boil down, choose, categorize,
  catalog, classify, list, abstract, scan, look into, idealize,
  isolate, discriminate, distinguish, screen, pigeonhole, pick over,
  sort, integrate, blend, inspect, filter, lump, skip, smooth, chunk,
  average, approximate, cluster, aggregate, outline, summarize,
  itemize, review, dip into, flip through, browse, glance into, leaf
  through, skim, refine, enumerate, glean, synopsize, winnow the wheat
  from the chaff and separate the sheep from the goats.

\stoptext

--
With kind regards,

Michael Guravage

* Re: Lettrine and colors
@ 2012-01-10 20:31 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-01-10 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 10.01.2012 um 12:03 schrieb Michael Guravage:

> Greetings,
>
> It appears that specifying a FontHook in setuplettrine that inclues a color simply breaks. This feature worked with ConTeXt from 2011.07.26, but breaks in ConTeXt from 2012.01.09. Any suggestions how to resolve this would be mightily appreciated.

Hans changed the definition of the \color command a while ago and it expects now a argument, i.e. it was in the past possible to write “black text {\color[red]red text} and black text again” but now you have to write this as “black text \color[red]{red text} and black text again”. What’s possible is to use the “\red” command as argument for the FontHook key because with this the colored text don’t have to be a argument.

Wolfgang