* Hyphens missing (again) with setupbackend[export
@ 2017-07-24  1:51 Rik Kabel
From: Rik Kabel @ 2017-07-24  1:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya came across this in 2011 ([NTG-context] export kills hyphen
symbol
<https://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context@ntg.nl/msg58460.html>)[1] with
the Fontin font. It wasn’t answered then. It is back if it ever left.

Here is an example:

    \definefontfamily
         [TestFont]
         [rm]
         [Antykwa Torunska Cond]
    \setupbodyfont
         [TestFont]
    \setupbackend
         [export=maybe]% or yes, or no, or ...
    \setuppapersize
         [A7]
    \starttext
    \input ward
    \stoptext

If the \setupbackend statement is removed, or an invalid key is used,
all is well. It fails with a valid key and any value for that key.

I am experiencing the problem of missing hyphens with this font even
without \setupbackend, but cannot yet construct a working example.

--
Rik

[1] https://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context@ntg.nl/msg58460.html

* Re: Hyphens missing (again) with setupbackend[export
@ 2017-07-24  9:51 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2017-07-24  9:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 7/24/2017 3:51 AM, Rik Kabel wrote:
> Aditya came across this in 2011 ([NTG-context] export kills hyphen
> symbol
> <https://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context@ntg.nl/msg58460.html>)[1] with
> the Fontin font. It wasn’t answered then. It is back if it ever left.
>
> Here is an example:
>
>     \definefontfamily
>          [TestFont]
>          [rm]
>          [Antykwa Torunska Cond]
>     \setupbodyfont
>          [TestFont]
>     \setupbackend
>          [export=maybe]% or yes, or no, or ...
>     \setuppapersize
>          [A7]
>     \starttext
>     \input ward
>     \stoptext
>
> If the \setupbackend statement is removed, or an invalid key is used,
> all is well. It fails with a valid key and any value for that key.
>
> I am experiencing the problem of missing hyphens with this font even
> without \setupbackend, but cannot yet construct a working example.
wipe your font cache, add this to the top of your file

\enabledirectives[otf.checksofthyphen]

* Re: Hyphens missing (again) with setupbackend[export
@ 2017-07-24 11:54   ` Rik
From: Rik @ 2017-07-24 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 2017-07-24 05:51, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 7/24/2017 3:51 AM, Rik Kabel wrote:
>> Aditya came across this in 2011 ([NTG-context] export kills hyphen
>> symbol
>> <https://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context@ntg.nl/msg58460.html>)[1]
>> with the Fontin font. It wasn’t answered then. It is back if it ever
>> left.
>>
>> Here is an example:
>>
>>     \definefontfamily
>>          [TestFont]
>>          [rm]
>>          [Antykwa Torunska Cond]
>>     \setupbodyfont
>>          [TestFont]
>>     \setupbackend
>>          [export=maybe]% or yes, or no, or ...
>>     \setuppapersize
>>          [A7]
>>     \starttext
>>     \input ward
>>     \stoptext
>>
>> If the \setupbackend statement is removed, or an invalid key is used,
>> all is well. It fails with a valid key and any value for that key.
>>
>> I am experiencing the problem of missing hyphens with this font even
>> without \setupbackend, but cannot yet construct a working example.
> wipe your font cache, add this to the top of your file
>
> \enabledirectives[otf.checksofthyphen]

Thank you. That resolves it.

Is this an issue for all fonts that are missing a soft hyphen glyph at
x00A0?

--
Rik

* Re: Hyphens missing (again) with setupbackend[export
@ 2017-07-24 13:24     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2017-07-24 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 7/24/2017 1:54 PM, Rik wrote:
> On 2017-07-24 05:51, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> On 7/24/2017 3:51 AM, Rik Kabel wrote:
>>> Aditya came across this in 2011 ([NTG-context] export kills hyphen
>>> symbol
>>> <https://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context@ntg.nl/msg58460.html>)[1]
>>> with the Fontin font. It wasn’t answered then. It is back if it ever
>>> left.
>>>
>>> Here is an example:
>>>
>>>     \definefontfamily
>>>          [TestFont]
>>>          [rm]
>>>          [Antykwa Torunska Cond]
>>>     \setupbodyfont
>>>          [TestFont]
>>>     \setupbackend
>>>          [export=maybe]% or yes, or no, or ...
>>>     \setuppapersize
>>>          [A7]
>>>     \starttext
>>>     \input ward
>>>     \stoptext
>>>
>>> If the \setupbackend statement is removed, or an invalid key is used,
>>> all is well. It fails with a valid key and any value for that key.
>>>
>>> I am experiencing the problem of missing hyphens with this font even
>>> without \setupbackend, but cannot yet construct a working example.
>> wipe your font cache, add this to the top of your file
>>
>> \enabledirectives[otf.checksofthyphen]
>
> Thank you. That resolves it.
>
> Is this an issue for all fonts that are missing a soft hyphen glyph at
> x00A0?
yes but most have it

Hans

* Re: Hyphens missing (again) with setupbackend[export
@ 2017-07-26 16:56       ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2017-07-26 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2017-07-24 um 15:24 schrieb Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>:

> On 7/24/2017 1:54 PM, Rik wrote:

>>> wipe your font cache, add this to the top of your file
>>>
>>> \enabledirectives[otf.checksofthyphen]
>> Thank you. That resolves it.
>> Is this an issue for all fonts that are missing a soft hyphen glyph at x00A0?
> yes but most have it

Thank you – it’s now wikified at http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Export

Greetlings, Hraban
---