On Aug 15, 2023, 8:09 AM -0600, Hans Hagen , wrote: > yes, but there are also typescript that define the sizes (made more > sense on low res printers) .. the current defaults have been so for many > years (so the fact that you didn't notice ...) Maybe I forgot about it.. I seem to remember a very long time ago some experiments with typescripts for computer-modern opticals, before latin modern became default (it's all foggy now..) But for sure ConTeXt used to load lmroman12-regular (or the computer-modern 12 pt) by default. So things have changed.. > well you can load the design size typescript Ok, where is that design size typescript? A search for, e.g., lmroman8-regular etc. in texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv yields no results, so it must be defined at some higher level of abstraction.. > (likely we will go for \enableexperiments[fonts.compact] anyway which is > also more efficient) Ok, that would be very helpful; many thanks. Best wishes Idris -- Professor Idris Samawi Hamid Department of Philosophy Colorado State University Fort Collins, CO 80523