* A question about Lucida fonts
@ 2017-03-30 11:43 Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2017-03-30 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

I would like to buy the set of Lucida fonts from TUG
	https://www.tug.org/store/lucida/index.html <https://www.tug.org/store/lucida/index.html>
but I am wondering which flavor, Open Type or Type 1, is supposed to work smoothly (and easily…) with ConTeXt mkiv. Actually a very long time ago I bought those fonts from yandy.com <http://yandy.com/>, but those were designed to work only on a Mac OS 9 (yes I am so that old… :-).

Since I am sure some people on the mailing list have an experience and good advices to share, I would appreciate having their opinion.

Best regards: OK

* Re: A question about Lucida fonts
@ 2017-03-30 11:52 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2017-03-30 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 3/30/2017 1:43 PM, Otared Kavian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to buy the set of Lucida fonts from TUG
> https://www.tug.org/store/lucida/index.html
> but I am wondering which flavor, Open Type or Type 1, is supposed to
> work smoothly (and easily…) with ConTeXt mkiv. Actually a very long time
> ago I bought those fonts from yandy.com <http://yandy.com>, but those
> were designed to work only on a Mac OS 9 (yes I am so that old… :-).
>
> Since I am sure some people on the mailing list have an experience and
> good advices to share, I would appreciate having their opinion.

opentype of course .. more complete, features and easier to use ... also
most value for money

Hans

* Re: A question about Lucida fonts
@ 2017-03-30 12:01   ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2017-03-30 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On 30 Mar 2017, at 13:52, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
>
> opentype of course .. more complete, features and easier to use ... also most value for money

Thanks Hans for your quick reply!
I guess the file type-imp-lucida-opentype.mkiv is there to take care of everything when using the font: so once I have the fonts, and ConTeXt knows where they are,
can I use them just by saying
	\setupbodyfont[lucida]
or are there other commands to issue?

Many thanks for your precious help: OK

* Re: A question about Lucida fonts
@ 2017-03-30 12:42     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2017-03-30 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 3/30/2017 2:01 PM, Otared Kavian wrote:

>> On 30 Mar 2017, at 13:52, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
>>
>> opentype of course .. more complete, features and easier to use ... also most value for money
>
> Thanks Hans for your quick reply!
> I guess the file type-imp-lucida-opentype.mkiv is there to take care of everything when using the font: so once I have the fonts, and ConTeXt knows where they are,
> can I use them just by saying
> 	\setupbodyfont[lucida]

\setupbodyfont[lucidaot]