* wasy symbol set
@ 2005-10-15 18:00 Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2005-10-15 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi ho!

I needed some symbols from the wasy fonts (known from the LaTeX
package wasysym), and here's the whole set for you. ;-)
The ZIP contains the module symb-was.tex, the font map original-
wasy.map and a test tex file.
(The wasy fonts live in http://dante.ctan.org/CTAN/fonts/wasy2/, but
they're part of most TeX installations.)

I left out the mathematical operators and integrals for I don't know
nothing about math and I guess that the stuff is already part of core
math.

symb-was.tex addresses only wasy10 (see below), but there are also
wasy5-9 and wasyb10 (bold?) - how can I use these? (Don't know if
that makes any sense.)

\definefontsynonym [WaSy] [wasy10]
\def\WaldiSymbol#1{\getglyph{WaSy}{\char#1}}

If someone can tell if the math stuff is needed and if the font
design size issue is fixed, I'd be happy if this module would make it
into the core distribution.

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://contextgarden.net
http://www.cacert.org (I'm an assurer)

[-- Attachment #2: wasy.zip --]
[-- Type: application/zip, Size: 3625 bytes --]

* Re: wasy symbol set
@ 2005-11-09 14:28 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-11-09 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:

> Hi ho!
>
> I needed some symbols from the wasy fonts (known from the LaTeX
> package wasysym), and here's the whole set for you. ;-)
> The ZIP contains the module symb-was.tex, the font map original-
> wasy.map and a test tex file.
> (The wasy fonts live in http://dante.ctan.org/CTAN/fonts/wasy2/, but
> they're part of most TeX installations.)
>
> I left out the mathematical operators and integrals for I don't know
> nothing about math and I guess that the stuff is already part of core
> math.
>
> symb-was.tex addresses only wasy10 (see below), but there are also
> wasy5-9 and wasyb10 (bold?) - how can I use these? (Don't know if
> that makes any sense.)
>
> \definefontsynonym [WaSy] [wasy10]
> \def\WaldiSymbol#1{\getglyph{WaSy}{\char#1}}

define:

\definefontsynonym [WaldiSymbol]     [wasy10]
\definefontsynonym [WaldiSymbolBold] [wasyb10]

\def\WaldiSymbol#1{\getglyph{WaldiSymbol}{\char#1}}

plus your further defs, and you get bold for free:

\symbol[wasy general][male] {\bf \symbol[wasy general][male]

this is because getglyph is kind of clever -)

I'll add a (slightly patched) version of your file to the distribution

Hans

* Re: wasy symbol set
@ 2005-11-09 16:36   ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2005-11-09 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> symb-was.tex addresses only wasy10 (see below), but there are
>> also  wasy5-9 and wasyb10 (bold?) - how can I use these? (Don't
>> know if  that makes any sense.)
>> \definefontsynonym [WaSy] [wasy10]
>> \def\WaldiSymbol#1{\getglyph{WaSy}{\char#1}}
>>
> define:
>
> \definefontsynonym [WaldiSymbol]     [wasy10]
> \definefontsynonym [WaldiSymbolBold] [wasyb10]

Oh, me stupid, could have thought of that myself.

But what about the different design sizes?
I don't think that makes much sense here, but how would I address them?

> I'll add a (slightly patched) version of your file to the distribution

Great! My first contribution. ;-)

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
---

@ 2005-11-09 18:51     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-11-09 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:

> But what about the different design sizes?

just pretend that there is only 10pt

> I don't think that makes much sense here, but how would I address them?

by some kind of clever mapping where the name is taken from a control
sequence with 10pt as fall back; a few lines of code probably, but not
worth the effort

Hans

* Re: wasy symbol set
@ 2005-11-09 20:36       ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2005-11-09 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2005-11-09 um 19:51 schrieb Hans Hagen:
>> But what about the different design sizes?
> just pretend that there is only 10pt
>
>> I don't think that makes much sense here, but how would I address
>> them?
> by some kind of clever mapping where the name is taken from a
> control sequence with 10pt as fall back; a few lines of code
> probably, but not worth the effort

Ok; I thought I'd remember some typescript magic with "sized" fonts,
but couldn't find it; no wonder if it's not possible. ;-)

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
---