* Error at \stoplines
@ 2018-01-23  9:11 Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2018-01-23  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

in my current project, every time I use \startlines .. \stoplines (for poems), I run into this error:

"""
structure       > sectioning > chapter @ level 2 : 5.2 -> Example

tex error       > tex error on line 27 in file ka34/c_example.tex: ! Extra }, or forgotten \endgroup

<recently read> \egroup

l.27 \stoplines

24     Fragen nicht danach, greifen weise zum Wein,
25     der löst uns die Zunge mit Salomo, wir wissen von ihm,
26     was besser tut.
27 >>  \stoplines
28     \stopparagraph
"""

The error must be somewhere in my project, I couldn’t come up with a minimal example to reproduce the problem.
But if I comment all \start/stoplines (or the components containing them), it runs through.

Do you have an idea where I should look?

Greetlings, Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net
http://wiki.contextgarden.net
GPG Key ID 1C9B22FD

* Re: Error at \stoplines
@ 2018-01-23  9:29 ` r.ermers
From: r.ermers @ 2018-01-23  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hraban,

try:

1. count the number of \startlines, do this with grep -e '^\\startlines' | wc | less
2. count the number of \stoplines, do this with grep -e ‘^\\stoplines' | wc | less

The resulting counts obviously have to be the same.

If they are not, you can (again with grep -e) extract all  \startlines | \stoplines and determine after which occurrence (the nth) there is a sequence of two (or more) \startlines or \stoplines. At this point your file is corrupted.

But you probably already thought of this yourself.

Robert

> Op 23 jan. 2018, om 10:11 heeft Henning Hraban Ramm <texml@fiee.net> het volgende geschreven:
>
> Hi,
> in my current project, every time I use \startlines .. \stoplines (for poems), I run into this error:
>
> """
> structure       > sectioning > chapter @ level 2 : 5.2 -> Example
>
> tex error       > tex error on line 27 in file ka34/c_example.tex: ! Extra }, or forgotten \endgroup
>
> <recently read> \egroup
>
> l.27 \stoplines

> 24     Fragen nicht danach, greifen weise zum Wein,
> 25     der löst uns die Zunge mit Salomo, wir wissen von ihm,
> 26     was besser tut.
> 27 >>  \stoplines
> 28     \stopparagraph
> """
>
> The error must be somewhere in my project, I couldn’t come up with a minimal example to reproduce the problem.
> But if I comment all \start/stoplines (or the components containing them), it runs through.
>
> Do you have an idea where I should look?
>

> Greetlings, Hraban
> ---
> http://www.fiee.net
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net
> GPG Key ID 1C9B22FD

* Re: Error at \stoplines
@ 2018-01-23 20:13   ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2018-01-23 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2018-01-23 um 10:29 schrieb r.ermers@hccnet.nl:
>> in my current project, every time I use \startlines .. \stoplines (for poems), I run into this error:
>> structure       > sectioning > chapter @ level 2 : 5.2 -> Example
>> tex error       > tex error on line 27 in file ka34/c_example.tex: ! Extra }, or forgotten \endgroup
> 1. count the number of \startlines, do this with grep -e '^\\startlines' | wc | less
> 2. count the number of \stoplines, do this with grep -e ‘^\\stoplines' | wc | less
>
> But you probably already thought of this yourself.

That’s not the problem, there are only a few "lines" sections, and of course I checked these first.
I also checked all(?) other \start/stops, braces and brackets - of course I could have overlooked some, it’s a whole book, but most cases are caught on their own.

I guess it might be something in my setups, but not in \setuplines, but don’t know for what I should look, there’s too much...

Which other setups affect \start/stoplines?

Greetlings, Hraban
---

@ 2018-01-23 21:42     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2018-01-23 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 23 Jan 2018, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:

> Am 2018-01-23 um 10:29 schrieb r.ermers@hccnet.nl:
>>> in my current project, every time I use \startlines .. \stoplines (for poems), I run into this error:
>>> structure       > sectioning > chapter @ level 2 : 5.2 -> Example
>>> tex error       > tex error on line 27 in file ka34/c_example.tex: ! Extra }, or forgotten \endgroup
>> 1. count the number of \startlines, do this with grep -e '^\\startlines' | wc | less
>> 2. count the number of \stoplines, do this with grep -e ‘^\\stoplines' | wc | less
>>
>> But you probably already thought of this yourself.
>
> That’s not the problem, there are only a few "lines" sections, and of course I checked these first.
> I also checked all(?) other \start/stops, braces and brackets - of course I could have overlooked some, it’s a whole book, but most cases are caught on their own.
>
> I guess it might be something in my setups, but not in \setuplines, but don’t know for what I should look, there’s too much...
>
> Which other setups affect \start/stoplines?

The error could be due to some other mismatched group. Have you tried:

mtxrun --script concheck filename.tex

Aditya

* Re: Error at \stoplines
@ 2018-01-24  8:05       ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2018-01-24  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2018-01-23 um 22:42 schrieb Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu>:

>>> 1. count the number of \startlines, do this with grep -e '^\\startlines' | wc | less
>>> 2. count the number of \stoplines, do this with grep -e ‘^\\stoplines' | wc | less
>>> But you probably already thought of this yourself.
>>
>> That’s not the problem, there are only a few "lines" sections, and of course I checked these first.
>> I also checked all(?) other \start/stops, braces and brackets - of course I could have overlooked some, it’s a whole book, but most cases are caught on their own.
>>
>> I guess it might be something in my setups, but not in \setuplines, but don’t know for what I should look, there’s too much...
>>
>> Which other setups affect \start/stoplines?
>
> The error could be due to some other mismatched group. Have you tried:
>
> mtxrun --script concheck filename.tex

Thank you for the reminder, I should use this more often.
Of course it found a few errors, and now the book runs through.
It’s strange that ConTeXt only stopped at \stoplines.

Greetlings, Hraban
---