* Context 2005.12.18 released
@ 2005-12-19 10:37 Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-12-19 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello all,

I am pleased to announce that the new ConTeXt release from Hans Hagen
can be downloaded as of now from the Pragma ADE website or one of its
mirrors.

   http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/current/cont-tmf.zip
   http://context.aanhet.net/context/current/cont-tmf.zip
   http://mirror.contextgarden.net/context/current/cont-tmf.zip

The current release has version 2005.12.18. As usual, there is a
page with more detailed release notes available on the Wiki,
see: http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Context_2005.12.18

New features since 2005.11.30:

* An additional file with some tools for use in the SciTE editor,
   like spellchecking.
* LucidaBright metrics added in cont-fnt.zip
* LatinModern updated to 0.99.3 release in cont-lmt.zip
* Extended support for the Zapf Font Collection (from linotype)
* Improved Chinese support (still experimental)

Bug fixes:

* many small fixes, too many to mention here. Please see the wiki
   page for the detailed list.

Happy TeXing,

Taco Hoekwater

* Re: Context 2005.12.18 released
@ 2005-12-19 12:00 ` Thomas A. Schmitz
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2005-12-19 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Oops, something with Unicode support is broken in the new release.
Typesetting Unicode Greek with my module, ConTeXt typesets the named
glyphs in Greek letters (so I get something like greeklambda greekpi
greekalpha etc. in my pdf). Using the name itself (\greeklambda)
gives the desired glyph. So it looks like while processing the
Unicode characters, the leading backslash is lost somewhere on the
way to TeX's stomach.

I also get warnings in the log file:
check           : missing or ungrouped '=' after 'scale' in line 15
(@@vars:Gre
ek:)

Same documents compile fine with previous version of ConteXt.

Hope this bug can be squished!!

Thomas

* Re: Context 2005.12.18 released
@ 2005-12-19 12:54   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-12-19 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

> Oops, something with Unicode support is broken in the new release.
> Typesetting Unicode Greek with my module, ConTeXt typesets the named
> glyphs in Greek letters (so I get something like greeklambda greekpi
> greekalpha etc. in my pdf). Using the name itself (\greeklambda)
> gives the desired glyph. So it looks like while processing the
> Unicode characters, the leading backslash is lost somewhere on the
> way to TeX's stomach.
>
> I also get warnings in the log file:
> check           : missing or ungrouped '=' after 'scale' in line 15
> (@@vars:Gre
> ek:)
>
> Same documents compile fine with previous version of ConteXt.

can you send me a zip with the files you use for testing?

Hans

* Re: Context 2005.12.18 released
@ 2005-12-19 13:00   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-12-19 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

> Oops, something with Unicode support is broken in the new release.
> Typesetting Unicode Greek with my module, ConTeXt typesets the named
> glyphs in Greek letters (so I get something like greeklambda greekpi
> greekalpha etc. in my pdf). Using the name itself (\greeklambda)
> gives the desired glyph. So it looks like while processing the
> Unicode characters, the leading backslash is lost somewhere on the
> way to TeX's stomach.
>
> I also get warnings in the log file:
> check           : missing or ungrouped '=' after 'scale' in line 15
> (@@vars:Gre
> ek:)
>
> Same documents compile fine with previous version of ConteXt.
>
> Hope this bug can be squished!!

for those who want to upgrade ... later today i will post a version that
has the pfr stuff fixed (intereference with otr)

Hans

* Re: Context 2005.12.18 released
@ 2005-12-19 13:50   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-12-19 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

> Oops, something with Unicode support is broken in the new release.
> Typesetting Unicode Greek with my module, ConTeXt typesets the named
> glyphs in Greek letters (so I get something like greeklambda greekpi
> greekalpha etc. in my pdf). Using the name itself (\greeklambda)
> gives the desired glyph. So it looks like while processing the
> Unicode characters, the leading backslash is lost somewhere on the
> way to TeX's stomach.
>
> I also get warnings in the log file:
> check           : missing or ungrouped '=' after 'scale' in line 15
> (@@vars:Gre
> ek:)
>
> Same documents compile fine with previous version of ConteXt.
>
> Hope this bug can be squished!!

in unic-ini patch (and test):

\def\utfunihashglyph#1%

{\@EA\doutfunihashglyph\@EA{\number\numexpr\utfdiv{#1}\@EA\relax\@EA}\@EA{\number\utfmod{#1}}{#1}}

\def\doutfunihashglyph#1#2#3% div mod raw
  {\csname
     \ifnum#3<\utf@i
       \strippedcsname\unicodeasciicharacter\endcsname{#2}%
     \else\ifcsname\@@unicommand#1\endcsname
       \@@unicommand#1\endcsname{#2}%
     \else\ifcsname\@@univector#1\endcsname
       \csname\@@univector#1\endcsname{#2}\endcsname % watch the nested
csname; it's a speed up
     \else
       \strippedcsname\unicodeunknowncharacter\endcsname{#2}%
     \fi\fi\fi}

this is a bit messy code but needed for the plugin handler

Hans

* Re: Context 2005.12.18 released
@ 2005-12-19 14:23     ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2005-12-19 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yup, seems to work here after regenerating the formats. Lovely!!

Thanks, and all best

Thomas

@ 2005-12-19 17:34     ` VnPenguin
From: VnPenguin @ 2005-12-19 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 12/19/05, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> for those who want to upgrade ... later today i will post a version that
> has the pfr stuff fixed (intereference with otr)
>
> Hans

Could I safely update to release 2005.12.18 now ?

Thanks
--
http://vnoss.org
Vietnamese Open Source Software Community

* Re: Context 2005.12.18 released
@ 2005-12-19 19:59       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-12-19 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

VnPenguin wrote:

>On 12/19/05, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
>

>>for those who want to upgrade ... later today i will post a version that
>>has the pfr stuff fixed (intereference with otr)
>>
>>Hans
>>

>Could I safely update to release 2005.12.18 now ?

yes, i just uploaded again (including a new encoding vector il9)

Hans