* PNG file corrupted by ASCII conversion
@ 2011-06-16  2:16 Reviczky, Adam
From: Reviczky, Adam @ 2011-06-16  2:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi

I'm getting the following error with PNG images:

libpng error: PNG file corrupted by ASCII conversion
!LuaTeX error: libpng: internal error
 ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

minimal example
---
\starttext
\placefigure{}{\externalfigure[mill.png]}
\stoptext
---

LuaTeX in minimals beta-0.70.1-2011051923 (rev 4277) and latest trunk beta-0.71.0-2011061600 (rev 4301) are both affected.

Adam

* Re: PNG file corrupted by ASCII conversion
@ 2011-06-16 12:50 ` Hartmut Henkel
From: Hartmut Henkel @ 2011-06-16 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

> minimal example
> ---
> \starttext
> \placefigure{}{\externalfigure[mill.png]}
> \stoptext
> ---
>
> LuaTeX in minimals beta-0.70.1-2011051923 (rev 4277) and latest trunk
> beta-0.71.0-2011061600 (rev 4301) are both affected.

mill.png itself seems to be corrupted. E.g., display complains:
improper image header `mill.png' @ error/png.c/ReadPNGImage/2957.

Regards, Hartmut

* Re: PNG file corrupted by ASCII conversion
@ 2011-06-16 12:58   ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2011-06-16 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 2:50 PM, Hartmut Henkel <hartmut_henkel@gmx.de> wrote:
>> minimal example
>> ---
>> \starttext
>> \placefigure{}{\externalfigure[mill.png]}
>> \stoptext
>> ---
>>
>> LuaTeX in minimals beta-0.70.1-2011051923 (rev 4277) and latest trunk
>> beta-0.71.0-2011061600 (rev 4301) are both affected.
>
> mill.png itself seems to be corrupted. E.g., display complains:
> improper image header `mill.png' @ error/png.c/ReadPNGImage/2957.
>
> Regards, Hartmut
For sure it was ok during Brejlov meeting.

--
luigi

* Re: PNG file corrupted by ASCII conversion
@ 2011-06-16 13:06     ` Hartmut Henkel
From: Hartmut Henkel @ 2011-06-16 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

> > mill.png itself seems to be corrupted. E.g., display complains:
> > improper image header `mill.png' @ error/png.c/ReadPNGImage/2957.
> >

> For sure it was ok during Brejlov meeting.

~$ pngcheck -v mill.png
File: mill.png (154867 bytes)
  File is CORRUPTED.  It seems to have suffered DOS->Unix conversion.
ERRORS DETECTED in mill.png

...that's what pngcheck says.

Regards, Hartmut

* Re: PNG file corrupted by ASCII conversion
@ 2011-06-16 13:10       ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2011-06-16 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 3:06 PM, Hartmut Henkel <hartmut_henkel@gmx.de> wrote:

>> > mill.png itself seems to be corrupted. E.g., display complains:
>> > improper image header `mill.png' @ error/png.c/ReadPNGImage/2957.
>> >

>> For sure it was ok during Brejlov meeting.
>
> ~$ pngcheck -v mill.png
> File: mill.png (154867 bytes)
>  File is CORRUPTED.  It seems to have suffered DOS->Unix conversion.
> ERRORS DETECTED in mill.png
>
> ...that's what pngcheck says.
yes, here the same with latest minimals.
I was able to find a minimals of 16 May 2011, and mill.png it's ok.

--
luigi

* Re: PNG file corrupted by ASCII conversion
@ 2011-06-16 14:34       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-06-16 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 16-6-2011 3:06, Hartmut Henkel wrote:

>>> mill.png itself seems to be corrupted. E.g., display complains:
>>> improper image header `mill.png' @ error/png.c/ReadPNGImage/2957.
>>>

>> For sure it was ok during Brejlov meeting.
>
> ~$ pngcheck -v mill.png
> File: mill.png (154867 bytes)
>    File is CORRUPTED.  It seems to have suffered DOS->Unix conversion.
> ERRORS DETECTED in mill.png
>
> ....that's what pngcheck says.

I'll try to do a more strict zip then.

Hans