It took hours (some far in the night) to solve. Finally. I am posting this message just in case someone starts delving into it. Still standing is the problem of \xmlcommand not obeying the attribute selection but generating an error: \xmlcommand{#1}{path[@attrib==whatever]}{command} Hans van der Meer On 21 mrt. 2012, at 10:29, Meer, H. van der wrote: The output was missing in my previous post. Sorry. Here it is. Hans van der Meer On 21 mrt. 2012, at 10:27, H. van der Meer wrote: I made a minimal example showing that load'ed xml is not typeset. In contrast to the first -node the second comes out as xml and not as typeset text. What has to be done to change that? Thanks in advance. Hans van der Meer