* extra - in reference
@ 2013-09-10  8:51 Meer, H. van der
From: Meer, H. van der @ 2013-09-10  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG ConTeXt

Doing \in{Figure}[fig:figname] neatly typesets for example: "figure 1.4"
Defined as: \startplacefigure[title=figure-title,reference=fig:figname]

But if I define:\startchapter[title=chapter-title,reference=chap:chapname]
Then \in{Chapter}[chap:chapname] produces: "chapter 6 - "
Thus an extra space + minus sign + space are put behind the chapter reference.

This is annoying, because I would like my chapter reference to be "chapter 6" without any additions. Besides, the figure reference and chapter reference behave differently, an unexpected phenomenon.
It seems the \startchapter defines a reference different from the reference in \startplacefigure.

Is this difference in behaviour intentional? Is it a bug? How can I revert my chapter references to the form without the trailing characters?

Thanks in advance
 Hans van der Meer

* Re: extra - in reference
@ 2013-09-10  9:16 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-09-10  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 10.09.2013 um 10:51 schrieb "Meer, H. van der" <H.vanderMeer@uva.nl>:

> Doing \in{Figure}[fig:figname] neatly typesets for example: "figure 1.4"
> Defined as: \startplacefigure[title=figure-title,reference=fig:figname]
>
> But if I define:\startchapter[title=chapter-title,reference=chap:chapname]
> Then \in{Chapter}[chap:chapname] produces: "chapter 6 - "
> Thus an extra space + minus sign + space are put behind the chapter reference.
>
> This is annoying, because I would like my chapter reference to be "chapter 6" without any additions. Besides, the figure reference and chapter reference behave differently, an unexpected phenomenon.
> It seems the \startchapter defines a reference different from the reference in \startplacefigure.
>
> Is this difference in behaviour intentional? Is it a bug? How can I revert my chapter references to the form without the trailing characters?

Make a minimal example because I can’t reproduce your results.

\useMPlibrary[dum]

\starttext

\startchapter[title=chapter-title,reference=chap:chapname]

\startplacefigure[title=figure-title,reference=fig:figname]
  \externalfigure[dummy]
\stopplacefigure

Take a look at \in{Figure}[fig:figname] in \in{Chapter}[chap:chapname].

\stopchapter

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: extra - in reference
@ 2013-09-10 10:07   ` Meer, H. van der
From: Meer, H. van der @ 2013-09-10 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Culprit found by experimenting with your example that indeed is correct.

The problem is in the sectionstopper in the setup:
   \setuphead[chapter][sectionstopper={ – }]
This sectionstopper inserts something between chapter marker and chapter title:
  Chapter 1 – Chapter title

I didn't expect this sectionstopper to turn up in the reference to the chapter number. Can you point out how to suppress the sectionstopper in the references (if for now) while keeping it between the marker and the title?

And if you are also of the opinion that the sectionstopper shouldn't turn up at the end of the reference, will this be changed in an upcoming beta?

Hans van der Meer