* Fwd: [XeTeX] ANN: Custom Stories, Inc. using xelatex now live
       [not found] <F501FDCD-3C1F-42B0-8B24-FDD38F3440ED@frycomm.com>
@ 2009-05-26 17:03 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-05-26 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Anfang der weitergeleiteten E-Mail:

> Von: William Adams <will.adams@frycomm.com>
> Datum: 26. Mai 2009 17:38:29 MESZ
> An: Unicode-based TeX for Mac OS X and other platforms <xetex@tug.org>
> Betreff: [XeTeX] ANN: Custom Stories, Inc. using xelatex now live
> Antwort an: Unicode-based TeX for Mac OS X and other platforms <xetex@tug.org
> >

> I hope no one objects to this --- it's more of a public thank you
> than anything else.
>
> We've just taken Custom Stories, Inc., a customized children's
> storybook site live. The typesetting is done using XeLaTeX, and I
> don't believe would've been as effective using any other tool.
> (Unfortunately we couldn't afford to license Linotype's Zapfino for
> server use, so the letter in _Love Story_ isn't as nice as it
> could've been IMO).
>
> http://www.customstoriesinc.com/
>
> William
> (who is working on the typesetting for the next story sometime real
> soon now)
>
> --
> William Adams
> senior graphic designer
> Fry Communications
> Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow.

* Re: Fwd: [XeTeX] ANN: Custom Stories, Inc. using xelatex now live
@ 2009-05-26 17:50   ` William Adams
From: William Adams @ 2009-05-26 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On May 26, 2009, at 1:03 PM, Wolfgang Schuster quoted my having written:

> The typesetting is done using XeLaTeX, and I don't believe would've
> been as effective using any other tool.

That should probably say:

The typesetting is done using XeTeX, and I don't believe it would've
been as effective using any other tool --- specifically I used
xelatex, 'cause I'm not cool and hip enough to know ConTeXt well
enough to've been able to develop it in ConTeXt in a reasonable
timeframe, even though in many ways that would've made for a cleaner
interface to the server.

William