* Re: Layout: odd, even and newLayout
@ 2012-02-19 22:46 Jan Heinen
From: Jan Heinen @ 2012-02-19 22:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

no answer to my question?
To easy or to difficult? Please see above.

Isn't it possible to define individual layouts when using
the default layouts like odd and even?

Regards
Jannis

===== Copy

I first want to use layouts for "odd" and "even" pages
and then I want to use a "newLayout"
but it does not work:

\setuppapersize[A5][A4]
\setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided,  location=inleft]
\setuplayout [marking=on, location=middle]
\showframe

\definelayout [odd][topspace=5cm,backspace=0cm]
\definelayout [even][topspace=0cm,backspace=0cm]
\definelayout [newLayout] [topspace=2cm,backspace=10cm]

\starttext
\dorecurse{10}{\input tufte}
\page

\setuplayout [newLayout] % Now backspace must be 10cm, but
it is still 0cm

\dorecurse{10}{\input tufte}
\page
\stoptext

Regards
Jannis

* Re: Layout: odd, even and newLayout
@ 2012-02-20  8:38 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-02-20  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 19.02.2012 um 23:46 schrieb Jan Heinen:

> Hi,
>
> no answer to my question?
> To easy or to difficult? Please see above.
>
> Isn't it possible to define individual layouts when using the default layouts like odd and even?

It’s possible but you have to disable the “odd” and “even” layouts.

\definelayout[odd] […]
\definelayout[even][…]
\definelayout[more][…]

\starttext

… % this text uses the odd and even layouts

\page

\setuplayout[odd] [state=stop]
\setuplayout[even][state=stop]
\setuplayout[more]