* interaction?
@ 2011-11-25 16:26 Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2011-11-25 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt NTG

I have troubles with interaction in a screen document.

(1) I took the example from the wiki:
\setuppapersize[A6][A6]
\setupinteraction[state=start]
\setupreferencing[interaction=all]
\starttext
Reference is here <\reference[label:1]{Some text}>
\page[yes] % Insert page break
Link to \goto{some text elsewhere}[label:1].
\stoptext

Although the link on page-2 brings me to page_1, the contents of {Some text} has completely disappeared. Why is this? What is the essence of having this argument if it is not displayed?

(2) Transfering this code to a more complex document containing other references, to figures, tables etc. makes the action disappear! Clicking then does nothing, although the links to the figures and tables can be used.

The link works when the code above is placed BEFORE \completecontent. But becomes incative when put BEHIND it. The index however has links transferring to the various part of the3 document.

Please can some enlighten me? Why are links through \placefigure, \placetable alive and those with \reference-\goto are not?

Hans van der Meer

* Re: interaction?
@ 2011-11-25 16:33 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-11-25 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 25.11.2011 um 17:26 schrieb Hans van der Meer:

> I have troubles with interaction in a screen document.
>
> (1) I took the example from the wiki:
> \setuppapersize[A6][A6]
> \setupinteraction[state=start]
> \setupreferencing[interaction=all]
> \starttext
> Reference is here <\reference[label:1]{Some text}>
> \page[yes] % Insert page break
> Link to \goto{some text elsewhere}[label:1].
> \stoptext
>
> Although the link on page-2 brings me to page_1, the contents of {Some text} has completely disappeared. Why is this? What is the essence of having this argument if it is not displayed?

You can show the text when you call the reference with “\getreference[text][label:1]”.

> (2) Transfering this code to a more complex document containing other references, to figures, tables etc. makes the action disappear! Clicking then does nothing, although the links to the figures and tables can be used.
>
> The link works when the code above is placed BEFORE \completecontent. But becomes incative when put BEHIND it. The index however has links transferring to the various part of the3 document.
>
> Please can some enlighten me? Why are links through \placefigure, \placetable alive and those with \reference-\goto are not?

Do you have a example?

Wolfgang

* Re: interaction?
@ 2011-11-25 17:08   ` Meer, H. van der
From: Meer, H. van der @ 2011-11-25 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 25 nov. 2011, at 17:33, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 25.11.2011 um 17:26 schrieb Hans van der Meer:
>
>> I have troubles with interaction in a screen document.
>>
>> (1) I took the example from the wiki:
>> \setuppapersize[A6][A6]
>> \setupinteraction[state=start]
>> \setupreferencing[interaction=all]
>> \starttext
>> Reference is here <\reference[label:1]{Some text}>
>> \page[yes] % Insert page break
>> Link to \goto{some text elsewhere}[label:1].
>> \stoptext
>>
>> Although the link on page-2 brings me to page_1, the contents of {Some text} has completely disappeared. Why is this? What is the essence of having this argument if it is not displayed?
>
> You can show the text when you call the reference with “\getreference[text][label:1]”.

This confuses me more. Perhaps I am misunderstanding but now I get from this:

Reference is here <\reference[label:1]{Some text}>\blank
and is: \getreference[tekst][label:1]

The output reads as follows, empty at the place of the \getreferenc:
Reference is here<>
and is:

I also tried \getreference{tekst}[label:1] but that becomes worse: ??tekst[label:1]

>> (2) Transfering this code to a more complex document containing other references, to figures, tables etc. makes the action disappear! Clicking then does nothing, although the links to the figures and tables can be used.
>>
>> The link works when the code above is placed BEFORE \completecontent. But becomes incative when put BEHIND it. The index however has links transferring to the various part of the3 document.
>>
>> Please can some enlighten me? Why are links through \placefigure, \placetable alive and those with \reference-\goto are not?
>
> Do you have a example?

I quickly tried to put some things together but did not yet find the behaviour. But the real document is part of a project met products and components. Later I will setup a similar textproject to see if that could be the cause.

Hans van der Meer

* Re: interaction?
@ 2011-11-25 17:10     ` Wolfgang Schuster
       [not found]       ` <550DDE0C-52BF-40FE-B559-B1CC0E3D014A@uva.nl>
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-11-25 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 25.11.2011 um 18:08 schrieb Meer, H. van der:

> On 25 nov. 2011, at 17:33, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>

>> Am 25.11.2011 um 17:26 schrieb Hans van der Meer:
>>
>>> I have troubles with interaction in a screen document.
>>>
>>> (1) I took the example from the wiki:
>>> \setuppapersize[A6][A6]
>>> \setupinteraction[state=start]
>>> \setupreferencing[interaction=all]
>>> \starttext
>>> Reference is here <\reference[label:1]{Some text}>
>>> \page[yes] % Insert page break
>>> Link to \goto{some text elsewhere}[label:1].
>>> \stoptext
>>>
>>> Although the link on page-2 brings me to page_1, the contents of {Some text} has completely disappeared. Why is this? What is the essence of having this argument if it is not displayed?
>>
>> You can show the text when you call the reference with “\getreference[text][label:1]”.
>
> This confuses me more. Perhaps I am misunderstanding but now I get from this:
>
> Reference is here <\reference[label:1]{Some text}>\blank
> and is: \getreference[tekst][label:1]

tekst ≠ text

Wolfgang

* Re: interaction?
       [not found]       ` <550DDE0C-52BF-40FE-B559-B1CC0E3D014A@uva.nl>
@ 2011-11-25 20:15         ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-11-25 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 25.11.2011 um 20:26 schrieb Meer, H. van der:

> On 25 nov. 2011, at 18:10, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> >>
> >> Reference is here <\reference[label:1]{Some text}>\blank
> >> and is: \getreference[tekst][label:1]
> >
> > tekst ≠ text
>
> Wolfgang,
>
> Thanks for that one. I completely misunderstood, thinking that for text one could substitute something to typeset (like in \in{}[]) instead of regarding it as a keyword hole.
>
> For the interaction problem I have made a very tiny project. At the start of the contents is an "outer reference" inside the project files an "inner reference". The outer one can be reached both from the outside as well as from the inside of the project files. The colouring of the links show it too. Yhe inner reference does not show up, instead the log shows:
>
> references      > start problematic references
> unknown         >    2: [part2][label:1]
> references      > stop problematic references
>
> But I do not know enough of the referencing mechanism to interprete it.
> Hope you can nail the problem, either with my doing or something within ConTeXt.

It’s a bug (maybe wrong default settings) which was introduced with Idris request
to have lists which are local to a component, when you refer to the label with
the name of the component as prefix (\getreference[text][part1:label:1]) the text
is shown.

Wolfgang

* Re: interaction?
@ 2011-11-25 20:40           ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-11-25 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 25-11-2011 21:15, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> It’s a bug (maybe wrong default settings) which was introduced with Idris request
> to have lists which are local to a component, when you refer to the label with
> the name of the component as prefix (\getreference[text][part1:label:1]) the text
> is shown.

Do you have a clue where?

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: interaction?
@ 2011-11-26  5:27             ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-11-26  5:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 25.11.2011 um 21:40 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> On 25-11-2011 21:15, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>
>> It’s a bug (maybe wrong default settings) which was introduced with Idris request
>> to have lists which are local to a component, when you refer to the label with
>> the name of the component as prefix (\getreference[text][part1:label:1]) the text
>> is shown.
>
> Do you have a clue where?

I was wrong, I tried it now with the beta from two days ago and there is also
the same bug, maybe this was introduced when you rewrote the project code.

The odd thing is the following block from the tuc file with the two reference
which are generated with the \reference command. The reference “label:2”
was written in the product file and it has an empty index but the second
reference “label:1” has the index “part1” because this is the name of
the component file where it was set.

utilitydata.structures.references.collected={
 [""]={
  ["label:2"]={
   ["entries"]={
    ["text"]="Outer reference",
   },
   ["metadata"]=17,
   ["references"]={
    ["block"]="frontpart",
    ["realpage"]=1,
    ["section"]=0,
   },
  },
 },
 ["part1"]={
  ["label:1"]={
   ["entries"]={
    ["text"]="Inner reference",
   },
   ["metadata"]=18,
   ["references"]={
    ["block"]="bodypart",
    ["realpage"]=4,
    ["section"]=2,
   },
  },
 },
}

Wolfgang

* Re: interaction?
@ 2011-12-03  0:02               ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-12-03  0:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

what was the example that went wrong?

Hans

> Am 25.11.2011 um 21:40 schrieb Hans Hagen:
>
>> On 25-11-2011 21:15, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>>
>>> It’s a bug (maybe wrong default settings) which was introduced with Idris request
>>> to have lists which are local to a component, when you refer to the label with
>>> the name of the component as prefix (\getreference[text][part1:label:1]) the text
>>> is shown.
>>
>> Do you have a clue where?
>
> I was wrong, I tried it now with the beta from two days ago and there is also
> the same bug, maybe this was introduced when you rewrote the project code.
>
> The odd thing is the following block from the tuc file with the two reference
> which are generated with the \reference command. The reference “label:2”
> was written in the product file and it has an empty index but the second
> reference “label:1” has the index “part1” because this is the name of
> the component file where it was set.
>
> utilitydata.structures.references.collected={
>   [""]={
>    ["label:2"]={
>     ["entries"]={
>      ["text"]="Outer reference",
>     },
>     ["metadata"]=17,
>     ["references"]={
>      ["block"]="frontpart",
>      ["realpage"]=1,
>      ["section"]=0,
>     },
>    },
>   },
>   ["part1"]={
>    ["label:1"]={
>     ["entries"]={
>      ["text"]="Inner reference",
>     },
>     ["metadata"]=18,
>     ["references"]={
>      ["block"]="bodypart",
>      ["realpage"]=4,
>      ["section"]=2,
>     },
>    },
>   },
> }
>
> Wolfgang

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: interaction?
@ 2011-12-03  7:17                 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-12-03  7:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 03.12.2011 um 01:02 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> Hi,
>
> what was the example that went wrong?

I can make a example but not today.

Wolfgang

* Re: interaction?
@ 2011-12-03 10:48                   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-12-03 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 3-12-2011 08:17, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 03.12.2011 um 01:02 schrieb Hans Hagen:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> what was the example that went wrong?
>
> I can make a example but not today.

No problem as today/tomorrow I'm a bit busy anyway.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE