* Specify the part/chapter number
@ 2006-08-04  1:26 Confused Scientist
From: Confused Scientist @ 2006-08-04  1:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I'm working on a project with a few other people and we are each responsible
for writing a single chapter/component of a larger document.  I am, for
example, responsible for chapters 2 and 6.  Unfortunately, when I run pdftex
on my component, the chapter number always begins from 1 which means all my
sections, equations, figures, and tables are all numbered as 1.x.x.x.  Is
there a way to force a component to use a different chapter number?

Thanks,
James

* Re: Specify the part/chapter number
@ 2006-08-04  1:48 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2006-08-04  1:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 3 Aug 2006, Confused Scientist wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm working on a project with a few other people and we are each responsible
> for writing a single chapter/component of a larger document.  I am, for
> example, responsible for chapters 2 and 6.  Unfortunately, when I run pdftex
> on my component, the chapter number always begins from 1 which means all my
> sections, equations, figures, and tables are all numbered as 1.x.x.x.  Is
> there a way to force a component to use a different chapter number?

\setuphead[chapter][ownnumber=yes]

\chapter{2}{Chapter Title}

Aditya