On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 5:14 PM, Mojca Miklavec < mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com> wrote: > If you neglect the bugs and problems, transition should be painless - > only typescripts need to be updated, but once you do that, your > documents could even work with both mkii and mkiv. I recall that it took me a good week of work in the evenings to get my regular and math typescripts to work correctly with MKII. I'm happy with the PDF output of the papers/notes, lecture notes I write for work but I will need to switch to OTF in the not-too distant future. My university has a site license for various Adobe pro fonts but they are only being distributed in OTF now. The ones I currently use were derived from manipulating a set of multiple-masters a few years ago. > Btw: math is a big mess at the moment; you can expect any kind of bugs > related to maths with next beta version, but you can become a beta > tester :) > I do physics/chemistry with a lot of equations so incomplete math support is really a deal breaker for me. I recall there being issues with some aspects of bibliography support and a lack of fonts when I last tried the Minimal package. Again, deal breakers for me so I reverted to the ConTeXt included in the 2008 version of texlive with a few bug-fixes from a more recent beta. I think it would be very helpful to most ConTeXt 'users' if there were a wiki page that spelled out the current status of MKIV exactly and listed which features of MKII work, which are buggy, and which are work in progress. Something a little more high-level than the release notes and this mailing list ;) Thank you to everyone who contribute here. I often find myself amazed at the speed at which ConTeXt develops and very much look forward to the end of font voodoo as promised by MKIV.