Hello list, I am using BibTeX under ConTeXt to typeset a publication. I noticed while building the publication ConTeXt raises the following non-fatal warning: ... This is BibTeX, Version 0.99d (TeX Live 2023/Debian) The top-level auxiliary file: Secret_Sauce.aux The style file: cont-au.bst Database file #1: ./References.bib I was expecting a `{' or a `('---line 2 of file ./References.bib : : % See the file Copying for details on copying conditions. (Error may have been on previous line) I'm skipping whatever remains of this entry (There was 1 error message) publications > loading formatting style from 'bibl-apa' open source > level 4, order 13, name '/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/bib/mkii/bibl-apa.tex' close source > level 4, order 13, name '/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/bib/mkii/bibl-apa.tex' ... All that's present on the first few lines of the References.bib BibTeX database are comments that begin with the '%' character. Is there a different character that should be used for BibTeX databases when used with ConTeXt? -- Kip Warner OpenPGP signed/encrypted mail preferred https://www.thevertigo.com