* Suppress chapter title marking on blank page after chapter
@ 2017-10-14 16:56 Rik Kabel
From: Rik Kabel @ 2017-10-14 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

In a doublesided document, how can I suppress the chapter title marking
in the header of the blank page that follows a chapter in which the text
ends on a recto page? I do not want to suppress the header.

The following example shows the problem on pages 4 and 6. I notice that
the Contents chapter does not exhibit this problem (page 2). But
checking the source for /completecontent/ provides no useful
information. Indeed, when I use /title/ instead of /chapter/, as done in
strc-lis.mkvi, page 2 gets the marking as well!

    \setuppagenumbering [alternative=doublesided,location=]
    \setupheadertexts   [][{\it\getmarking[section]}]
                         [{\it\getmarking[chapter]}][]
    \setupheadertexts   [margin]
                         []
    [{\inframed[frame=off,leftframe=on,loffset=1em]
                             {\userpage}}]
    [{\inframed[frame=off,rightframe=on,roffset=1em]
                             {\userpage}}]
                         []
    \setuphead          [chapter]
                         [header=nomarking]

    \startbuffer[testt]
         \startchapter[title=Chapter]
             \startparagraph
                 \input ward
             \stopparagraph
             \dorecurse{\numexpr2*\recurselevel\relax}
                 {\startsection[title=Section]
                     \startparagraph
                         \input ward
                     \stopparagraph
                     \stopsection}
         \stopchapter
    \stopbuffer

    \starttext
    \completecontent
    \dorecurse{3}{\getbuffer[testt]}
    \startchapter[title={Chapter Last}]
         \input knuth
    \stopchapter
    \stoptext

--
Rik

* Re: Suppress chapter title marking on blank page after chapter
@ 2017-10-14 19:23 ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2017-10-14 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 10/14/2017 06:56 PM, Rik Kabel wrote:
> In a doublesided document, how can I suppress the chapter title marking
> in the header of the blank page that follows a chapter in which the text
> ends on a recto page? I do not want to suppress the header.

Hi Rik,

if you want pages in pages without headers, I guess you should use
layers to place the page numbers.

> The following example shows the problem on pages 4 and 6. I notice that
> the Contents chapter does not exhibit this problem (page 2).

This is just by chance. In your sample you asked for chapter (not for
title) in headers.

> But checking the source for /completecontent/ provides no useful
> information. Indeed, when I use /title/ instead of /chapter/, as done
> in strc-lis.mkvi, page 2 gets the marking as well!
Actually, \completecontent uses \title, not \chapter.

Just in case it might help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: Suppress chapter title marking on blank page after chapter
@ 2017-10-14 19:39   ` Rik Kabel
From: Rik Kabel @ 2017-10-14 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 2017-10-14 15:23, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> On 10/14/2017 06:56 PM, Rik Kabel wrote:
>> In a doublesided document, how can I suppress the chapter title marking
>> in the header of the blank page that follows a chapter in which the text
>> ends on a recto page? I do not want to suppress the header.
> Hi Rik,
>
> if you want pages in pages without headers, I guess you should use
> layers to place the page numbers.

I understand that is a way to place page numbers, but it still does not
resolve the placement of the chapter name on pages 4 and 6. I suspect I
need to change the value of the chapter name marking to nil or spaces at
some point, but how and exactly where to inject that change has escaped me.

>> The following example shows the problem on pages 4 and 6. I notice that
>> the Contents chapter does not exhibit this problem (page 2).
> This is just by chance. In your sample you asked for chapter (not for
> title) in headers.
Sorry, poor wording on my part. When I wrote chapter title, I meant
chapter name, the value retrieved by \getmarking[chapter].

I realize now that the Contents has not name marked because I asked for
chapter, not title. The sentences quoted below can safely be ignored.

@ 2017-10-14 20:46     ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2017-10-14 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 10/14/2017 09:39 PM, Rik Kabel wrote:
> [...]
> I understand that is a way to place page numbers, but it still does not
> resolve the placement of the chapter name on pages 4 and 6. I suspect I
> need to change the value of the chapter name marking to nil or spaces at
> some point, but how and exactly where to inject that change has escaped me.

Header and footer may be removed in the page previous to chapter with:

    \setuphead[chapter]
              [page={yes, header, footer, right}]

There may be a way to set a kind of conditional processing if page
content is empty, but this is unknown to me :-(.

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk