From: Wolfgang Schuster <wolfgang.schuster.lists@gmail.com>
	Mike Cooper <mike@murchisondrillingschools.com>
Subject: Re: something between packed and "small"??
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2020 22:58:08 +0200	[thread overview]

Mike Cooper schrieb am 01.07.2020 um 22:30:
> [...]
The number before the asterisk is a multiplier to repeat the value n times.
> I had tried em then pt, then mm.  But it won't get any smaller than small = 3mm = 10pt = 0.9em = small.  Except packed, that is...
>
> Surely there is something in between small and packed??
The value for small is font dependent which results with the default
font and size. When you check the value you can see it is slightly
smaller than 1mm which means when you use \blank[1mm] your manual
setting is too large.

\starttext

\the\smallskipamount

\PtToCm{\the\dimexpr\smallskipamount\relax}

\the\dimexpr0.5ex\relax

\stoptext

> I looked at the Command/blank page multiple times and searched the wiki and the web in every way I could think of.  I only ask the list when I absolutely can't find anything.  (Of course, at least once, it was there where I had already looked but I didn't understand enough to realize it!)  I even gave searching the mailing list archives a shot.

\starttext

\startitemize
\startitem First item \stopitem
\startitem Second item \stopitem
\startitem Third item \stopitem
\stopitemize

\startitemize[inbetween={\blank[small]}]
\startitem First item \stopitem
\startitem Second item \stopitem
\startitem Third item \stopitem
\stopitemize

\startitemize[inbetween={\blank[1.5pt]}]
\startitem First item \stopitem
\startitem Second item \stopitem
\startitem Third item \stopitem
\stopitemize