Another LMTX/MkIV difference, this time with expansion: \define\Align{yes} \starttext \startalignment[\Align]     This works with MkIV but fails with LMTX, complaining: {\tt     tex error on line 3 in file G:/expand.mkvi: The file ended     when scanning an argument.} \blank    It works in both when \tex{def} or \tex{defineexpandable} is    used instead of \tex{define}. \blank    What changed? \stopalignment \stoptext It may well be that I have been abusing some laxity in MkIV and that LMTX is a bit stricter in what it accepts, but I would like to know if this is an expected difference. -- Rik