* error in generic fontloader (upvalue 'getglyphdata')
@ 2019-04-13 14:18 Ulrike Fischer
From: Ulrike Fischer @ 2019-04-13 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hans,

we think that line 206 and 207 in luatex-basics-nod.lua are faulty
and lead to the error

attempt to call a nil value (upvalue 'getglyphdata')

nuts.getglyphdata        = direct.getattr
nuts.setglyphdata        = direct.setattr

should be

nuts.getglyphdata        = direct.get_attribute
nuts.setglyphdata        = direct.set_attribute

or

nuts.getglyphdata        = nuts.getattr
nuts.setglyphdata        = nuts.setattr

--
Ulrike Fischer
https://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/

* Re: error in generic fontloader (upvalue 'getglyphdata')
@ 2019-04-13 14:41 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2019-04-13 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4/13/2019 4:18 PM, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
> Hans,
>
> we think that line 206 and 207 in luatex-basics-nod.lua are faulty
> and lead to the error
>
> attempt to call a nil value (upvalue 'getglyphdata')
>

> nuts.getglyphdata        = direct.getattr
> nuts.setglyphdata        = direct.setattr
>
> should be
>
> nuts.getglyphdata        = direct.get_attribute
> nuts.setglyphdata        = direct.set_attribute
>
> or
>
> nuts.getglyphdata        = nuts.getattr
> nuts.setglyphdata        = nuts.setattr
better make it

nuts.getglyphdata        = nuts.getattr
nuts.setglyphdata        = nuts.setattr

btw, it's just an abstraction and should make no difference for the
generic handler (i removed some pre 1.10 stuff but i suppose you were
already in post 1.07 mode)

Hans