From: Wolfgang Schuster <wolfgang.schuster.lists@gmail.com>
To: Willi Egger <context@boede.nl>,
	NTG-Context ConTeXt users <ntg-context@ntg.nl>
Subject: Re: \setupitemgroup[itemize],/setupitemize
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2019 23:15:40 +0100	[thread overview]

Willi Egger schrieb am 18.12.2019 um 19:58:
> Wolfgans, Hraban,
>
> thank you very much for this instruction!
>
> - In the real itemlist I have of course \startitemize (sorry for the ommission in the MWE
> - I misinterpreted the Wiki. There is no mentioning in the red section that n is possible. However the n in the green section must be used as the symbol with n=123 or symbol=2.

The n-key is used to set the number of columns when you set your items
in multiple columns and it has the same effect as the two, three etc.
keywords.

The way how numbered items work is different. To change the symbol for
the bullets or use numbers instead ConTeXt checks if the applies
keywords include the name of a symbol (something you create with
\definesymbol) or the name of a number conversion (something you create
with \defineconversion) and applies it to the current entry.

This check also you to create your own symbols or numbers orders by
simply creating a new symbol and conversion.

Wolfgang