* disabling page scaling
@ 2016-07-04 15:49 Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2016-07-04 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

I have the following sample:

    \setupinteractionscreen[option={paper,page}]
    \starttext
    \ConTeXt\ is awesome!
    \stoptext

The values for the option key should enable "/PickTrayByPDFSize true"
and "/Duplex /Simplex" in the PDF file. But I get an undesired
"/PrintScaling /None" (I need to reduce the document to printing margins.)

Checking lpdf-mis.lua, I see that there are two lists (or dictionaries,
maybe [the technical term is beyond my knowledge]) controlling the
printing options: pagespecs and plusspecs (both are local).

page, portrait, landscape and paper involve fixed in the pagespecs
dictionary. But these values don’t involve fixed in the plusspecs dictonary.

How can I invoke the plusspecs dictionary from ConTeXt, so I can get
duplex printing in the PDF file (or "/PickTrayByPDFSize true") without
having to disable page scaling?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: disabling page scaling
@ 2016-07-04 16:03 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2016-07-04 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Pablo Rodriguez <mailto:oinos@gmx.es>
> 4. Juli 2016 um 17:49
> Dear list,
>
> I have the following sample:
>
> \setupinteractionscreen[option={paper,page}]
> \starttext
> \ConTeXt\ is awesome!
> \stoptext
>
> The values for the option key should enable "/PickTrayByPDFSize true"
> and "/Duplex /Simplex" in the PDF file. But I get an undesired
> "/PrintScaling /None" (I need to reduce the document to printing margins.)
>
> Checking lpdf-mis.lua, I see that there are two lists (or dictionaries,
> maybe [the technical term is beyond my knowledge]) controlling the
> printing options: pagespecs and plusspecs (both are local).
>
> page, portrait, landscape and paper involve fixed in the pagespecs
> dictionary. But these values don’t involve fixed in the plusspecs
> dictonary.
>
> How can I invoke the plusspecs dictionary from ConTeXt, so I can get
> duplex printing in the PDF file (or "/PickTrayByPDFSize true") without
> having to disable page scaling?
The plusspec entries are used for the second and following arguments of
the option key,
you can use this and pass the none keyword as first argument in the list
which doesn’t
preset values.

Wolfgang

* Re: disabling page scaling
@ 2016-07-04 16:34   ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2016-07-04 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> Pablo Rodriguez 4. Juli 2016 um 17:49
>> [...]
>> Checking lpdf-mis.lua, I see that there are two lists (or dictionaries,
>> maybe [the technical term is beyond my knowledge]) controlling the
>> printing options: pagespecs and plusspecs (both are local).
>>
>> page, portrait, landscape and paper involve fixed in the pagespecs
>> dictionary. But these values don’t involve fixed in the plusspecs
>> dictonary.
>>
>> How can I invoke the plusspecs dictionary from ConTeXt, so I can get
>> duplex printing in the PDF file (or "/PickTrayByPDFSize true") without
>> having to disable page scaling?
>
> The plusspec entries are used for the second and following arguments of
> the option key, you can use this and pass the none keyword as first
> argument in the list which doesn’t preset values.

Many thanks for your reply, Wolfgang.

I would say this might be too tricky for newcomers, but it works fine.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: disabling page scaling
@ 2016-07-04 16:57     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2016-07-04 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 7/4/2016 6:34 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> On 07/04/2016 06:03 PM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>>> Pablo Rodriguez 4. Juli 2016 um 17:49
>>> [...]
>>> Checking lpdf-mis.lua, I see that there are two lists (or dictionaries,
>>> maybe [the technical term is beyond my knowledge]) controlling the
>>> printing options: pagespecs and plusspecs (both are local).
>>>
>>> page, portrait, landscape and paper involve fixed in the pagespecs
>>> dictionary. But these values don’t involve fixed in the plusspecs
>>> dictonary.
>>>
>>> How can I invoke the plusspecs dictionary from ConTeXt, so I can get
>>> duplex printing in the PDF file (or "/PickTrayByPDFSize true") without
>>> having to disable page scaling?
>>
>> The plusspec entries are used for the second and following arguments of
>> the option key, you can use this and pass the none keyword as first
>> argument in the list which doesn’t preset values.
>
> Many thanks for your reply, Wolfgang.
>
> I would say this might be too tricky for newcomers, but it works fine.

it's the only way to be compatible

> Many thanks for your help,
>

> Pablo

* Re: disabling page scaling
@ 2016-07-04 17:25       ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2016-07-04 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 07/04/2016 06:57 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> On 07/04/2016 06:03 PM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> The plusspec entries are used for the second and following arguments of
>>> the option key, you can use this and pass the none keyword as first
>>> argument in the list which doesn’t preset values.
>>
>> Many thanks for your reply, Wolfgang.
>>
>> I would say this might be too tricky for newcomers, but it works fine.
>
> it's the only way to be compatible

Many thanks for the reply, Hans.

I understand it now and I can explain this to others.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk