Denis Maier via ntg-context schrieb am 15.11.2022 um 13:22: > > Hi, > > if I process an XML buffer, I’ve noticed I need to wrap the > \xmlprocessbuffer in a \starttext ... \stoptext pair. > > [...] > > However, if I have the XML and the setups in dedicated files, there > seems to be no need for \starttext ... \stoptext. > > [...] > > Running > > context text.xml –environment=setups.tex > > gives me a proper PDF without errors. > > Therefore my question: > > Does the use –environment automatically wrap the processed file in > \starttext ... stoptext ? > > If not, what’s the reason for this behaviour? Am I missing something? > ConTeXt uses the file extension to decide who it should handle document, in your case the extension is xml and the file is processed as \starttext \xmlprocess{main}{...}{} \stoptext The same thing happens when you have CLD document and use cld as file extension. For more details you can look at the processjob function in cont-run.lmt. Wolfgang