* Unexpected behavior of subsection labels
@ 2019-10-06 21:29 Jairo A. del Rio
From: Jairo A. del Rio @ 2019-10-06 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I tried the following

\setuphead[chapter][align=middle,header=empty,footer=empty]
\setuphead[section][align=middle,number=no]
\setuphead[subsection][align=middle,number=yes,sectionsegments=subsection,conversion=g]
\mainlanguage[spanish]
\definefallbackfamily[mainface][rm][newgardiner][range=egyptianhieroglyphs,
force=yes]
\definefallbackfamily[mainface][rm][quivira][range={ancientgreeknumbers,phoenician},
force=yes]
\definefallbackfamily[mainface][rm][notosanscuneiform][range={cuneiform,cuneiformnumbersandpunctuation},
force=yes]
\definefallbackfamily[mainface][rm][Noto Serif CJK KR][preset=range:korean,
force=yes]
\definefallbackfamily[mainface][rm][quivira][range={greekandcoptic,greekextended},
force=yes]
\definefallbackfamily[mainface][ss][CMU Sans Serif][preset=range:greek,
force=yes]
\definefallbackfamily[mainface][tt][CMU Typewriter
Text][preset=range:greek, force=yes]
\definefontfamily[mainface][rm][Latin Modern
Roman][sc=file:lmromancaps10regular]
\definefontfamily[mainface][ss][Latin Modern Sans]
\definefontfamily[mainface][tt][Latin Modern Typewriter]
\definefontfamily[mainface][mm][Latin Modern Math]
\setupbodyfont[mainface,10pt]
\setuplayout[backspace=2cm,topspace=2cm]
\definepapersize[nice][width=180mm,height=250mm]
\setuppapersize[nice][nice]
\setupinteraction[state=start]
\placebookmarks[chapter,section,subsection][chapter,section,subsection]
\setupinteractionscreen[option=bookmark]
\setupindenting[medium,yes]
\definestructureconversionset [frontpart:pagenumber] [] [romannumerals]
\startsectionblockenvironment [bodypart]
\setcounter [userpage] [1]
\stopsectionblockenvironment
\setuppagenumbering[location=,alternative=doublesided]
\setupheadertexts[\setups{text right}][][][\setups{text left}]
\startsetups[text right]
\rlap{}
\hfill
\sc \getmarking[section]
\hfill
\llap{\userpagenumber}
\stopsetups
\startsetups[text left]
\rlap{\userpagenumber}
\hfill
\sc \getmarking[chapter]
\hfill
\llap{}
\stopsetups
\startfrontmatter
Hello
\completecontent
\stopfrontmatter
\startbodymatter
\startchapter[title=yay]
\startsection[title=wow]
\startsubsection[title=Text]
Bye
\stopsubsection
\stopsection
\stopchapter
\stopbodymatter
\stoptext

What is puzzling to me is the absence of subsection labels. What I expect
is:

1. Yay
   Wow
      α. Text

However, what I've got is:

1. Yay
   Wow
      Text

It's weird that bookmarks and TOC correctly show α before "Text". I don't
know what is wrong. Thank you in advance.

* Re: Unexpected behavior of subsection labels
@ 2019-10-06 21:49 ` Wolfgang Schuster
       [not found]   ` <CAKyqqaby2TRw5g+PySHHgm4ciox+-E9CqDWFa9KuxV2jPhtRAA@mail.gmail.com>
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2019-10-06 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

1. Try to make shorter example because your example contains too much
stuff for a minimal example.

2. You forgot \starttext in your example.

3. Your fonts don't contain greek letters which explains the missing
counter in the PDF. Did you check if the fallback fonts are loaded.

\setuphead
   [section]
   [number=no]

\setuphead
   [subsection]
   [number=yes,
    sectionsegments=subsection,
    conversion=g]

\setupbodyfont[dejavu]

\starttext

\completecontent

\chapter{yay}

\section{wow}

\subsection{Text}

\stoptext

Wolfgang

@ 2019-10-07 21:19     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2019-10-07 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jairo A. del Rio; +Cc: NTG-Context ConTeXt users

Jairo A. del Rio schrieb am 07.10.2019 um 00:18:
> Here is my "minimal" example. As I need fallbacks, they remain.
Only the fallback for greek is needed, anything else can be removed.
> [...]
>
> As before, TOC shows "α Vaya" but subsection headers only show "Vaya",
> without Greek letters.
> By the way, Quivira supports Greek characters, so I don't know where
> the problem comes from.
Below is a much shorter version of your example to demonstrate the problem.

The problem is a check in the section command which fails when the character
comes from a fallback font. I will post a even simpler version of the
problem
for Hans to fix.

\setuphead [section] [conversion=g]

\definefallbackfamily [mainface] [rm] [DejaVu Serif] [range=greekandcoptic]

\definefontfamily [mainface] [rm] [Latin Modern Roman]
\definefontfamily [mainface] [mm] [Latin Modern Math]

\setupbodyfont [mainface]

\starttext

\placecontent

\section{wow}