* Split Table, don't repeat caption
@ 2020-10-07 15:39 Denis Maier
From: Denis Maier @ 2020-10-07 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

is there a way not to repeat the caption of a multipage natural table?
I've searched the list archive and it looks the question came up a
couple of times, but I couldn't find an answer.

Also, if I add a footnote to a caption of a split table, this note
always appears when the caption appears for the last time. Can that be
changed?

Best,
Denis

* Re: Split Table, don't repeat caption
@ 2020-10-07 15:46 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2020-10-07 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Denis Maier schrieb am 07.10.2020 um 17:39:
> Hi,
>
> is there a way not to repeat the caption of a multipage natural table?
> I've searched the list archive and it looks the question came up a
> couple of times, but I couldn't find an answer.

If this doesn't help you have to provide a example.

\starttext

\bTABLE[split=yes]
     \bTABLEhead
         \bTR \bTD Header 1 \eTD \bTD Header 2 \eTD \eTR
     \eTABLEhead
     \bTABLEbody
         \dorecurse{100}{\bTR \bTD Column 1 \eTD \bTD Column 2 \eTD \eTR}
     \eTABLEbody
\eTABLE

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Split Table, don't repeat caption
@ 2020-10-07 16:00   ` Denis Maier
From: Denis Maier @ 2020-10-07 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Denis Maier schrieb am 07.10.2020 um 17:39:
>> Hi,
>>
>> is there a way not to repeat the caption of a multipage natural
>> table? I've searched the list archive and it looks the question came
>> up a couple of times, but I couldn't find an answer.
>
> If this doesn't help you have to provide a example.
> [...]

Ok:

=========================
\setupcaption[table]
     [location=top]
\starttext

\startplacetable[location=split,title={Title\footnote{footnote}}]
     \bTABLE[split=yes]
     \bTABLEhead
         \bTR \bTD Header 1 \eTD \bTD Header 2 \eTD \eTR
     \eTABLEhead
     \bTABLEbody
         \dorecurse{100}{\bTR \bTD Column 1 \eTD \bTD Column 2 \eTD \eTR}
     \eTABLEbody
     \eTABLE
\stopplacetable
\stoptext
========================

So, the caption appears on each page, and the footnote is attached to
the last caption. Ideally, the footnote should be attached to the first
caption. (And, actually, I want the caption only once.)

@ 2020-10-08 11:28     ` Denis Maier
From: Denis Maier @ 2020-10-08 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 07.10.2020 um 18:00 schrieb Denis Maier:
> Am 07.10.2020 um 17:46 schrieb Wolfgang Schuster:
>> Denis Maier schrieb am 07.10.2020 um 17:39:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> is there a way not to repeat the caption of a multipage natural
>>> table? I've searched the list archive and it looks the question came
>>> up a couple of times, but I couldn't find an answer.
>>
>> If this doesn't help you have to provide a example.
>> [...]
>>

> Ok:
>
> =========================
> \setupcaption[table]
>     [location=top]
> \starttext
>
> \startplacetable[location=split,title={Title\footnote{footnote}}]
>     \bTABLE[split=yes]
>     \bTABLEhead
>         \bTR \bTD Header 1 \eTD \bTD Header 2 \eTD \eTR
>     \eTABLEhead
>     \bTABLEbody
>         \dorecurse{100}{\bTR \bTD Column 1 \eTD \bTD Column 2 \eTD \eTR}
>     \eTABLEbody
>     \eTABLE
> \stopplacetable
> \stoptext
> ========================
>
> So, the caption appears on each page, and the footnote is attached to
> the last caption. Ideally, the footnote should be attached to the
> first caption. (And, actually, I want the caption only once.)

Ok, I've found a solution:

```
\setupcaption[table][location=top]
\starttext

\startplacetable[location={none,split}]
     \startalignment[middle]
     \placefloatcaption[table][title={Title\footnote{footnote}}]
     \stopalignment
     \bTABLE[split=yes]
     \bTABLEhead
         \bTR \bTD Header 1 \eTD \bTD Header 2 \eTD \eTR
     \eTABLEhead
     \bTABLEbody
         \dorecurse{100}{\bTR \bTD Column 1 \eTD \bTD Column 2 \eTD \eTR}
     \eTABLEbody
     \eTABLE
\stopplacetable
\stoptext
```

That works, but isn't there an easier solution yet? An
automatic/parameter-based solution would be great. Something like:

=========================
\setupcaption[table]
     [location=top]
\starttext

\startplacetable[location={split,captiononcefirst},title={Title\footnote{footnote}}]

    [...]
\stopplacetable
\stoptext

Best,