* Problems with TikZ and absolute positioning
@ 2016-01-04 14:51 Michał Goliński
From: Michał Goliński @ 2016-01-04 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

The following code:

\usemodule[tikz]

\starttext
\starttikzpicture[remember picture,overlay]
\node [xshift=1cm,yshift=1cm] at (current page.south west)
[text width=7cm,fill=red!20,rounded corners,above right]
{
This is an absolutely positioned text in the
lower left corner. No shipout-hackery is used.
};
\stoptikzpicture
\stoptext

gives a blank page with a red box in the lower left corner. At least
this is how it works in current TeXLive. When compiling, a temporary
.pgf file is created with the following contents:

\pgfsyspdfmark {pgfid1}{4661756}{46204089}

When compiling with the current beta this doesn't work.

If the .pgf file is already present, one gets:

tex error       > tex error on line 1 in file mwe.pgf: ! Undefined
control sequence

l.1 \pgfsyspdfmark
                  {pgfid1}{4661756}{46204089}

1 >>  \pgfsyspdfmark {pgfid1}{4661756}{46204089}

When one removes the .pgf file, the compilation succeeds (with empty
.pgf file), but in the PDF there is no red box, and the text is not in
the lower left corner (although text is wrapped as if it were in a box).

When compiling one gets the warning:

Package pgf: Warning! Your graphic driver pgfsys-dvips.def does not
support marking the current position. This warning is given only once.
Non-PDF special ignored!
Non-PDF special ignored!

Is this a bug or maybe absolute positioning is done differently?

Best regards
Michal Golinski

* Re: Problems with TikZ and absolute positioning
@ 2016-01-04 15:05 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2016-01-04 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 1/4/2016 3:51 PM, Michał Goliński wrote:
> The following code:
>
> \usemodule[tikz]

add this to cont-new.mkiv:

     \let \pdfsavepos          \savepos
     \let \pdflastxpos         \lastxpos
     \let \pdflastypos         \lastypos

i'll add it for a while to the core till tikz is in sync with the latest
luatex

> \starttext
> \starttikzpicture[remember picture,overlay]
> \node [xshift=1cm,yshift=1cm] at (current page.south west)
> [text width=7cm,fill=red!20,rounded corners,above right]
> {
> This is an absolutely positioned text in the
> lower left corner. No shipout-hackery is used.
> };
> \stoptikzpicture
> \stoptext
>

> gives a blank page with a red box in the lower left corner. At least
> this is how it works in current TeXLive. When compiling, a temporary
> .pgf file is created with the following contents:
>
> \pgfsyspdfmark {pgfid1}{4661756}{46204089}
>

> When compiling with the current beta this doesn't work.
>
> If the .pgf file is already present, one gets:
>
> tex error       > tex error on line 1 in file mwe.pgf: ! Undefined
> control sequence
>
> l.1 \pgfsyspdfmark
>                   {pgfid1}{4661756}{46204089}
>
> 1 >>  \pgfsyspdfmark {pgfid1}{4661756}{46204089}
>

> When one removes the .pgf file, the compilation succeeds (with empty
> .pgf file), but in the PDF there is no red box, and the text is not in
> the lower left corner (although text is wrapped as if it were in a box).
>
> When compiling one gets the warning:
>
> Package pgf: Warning! Your graphic driver pgfsys-dvips.def does not
> support marking the current position. This warning is given only once.
> Non-PDF special ignored!
> Non-PDF special ignored!
>
> Is this a bug or maybe absolute positioning is done differently?
>
> Best regards
> Michal Golinski

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2016-01-05  9:16   ` Michał Goliński
From: Michał Goliński @ 2016-01-05  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks Hans for the reply,

Unfortunately this fix doesn't help. I've tried adding the lines just
after the \unprotect in cont-new.mkiv and just before \protect, and
running:

$ CONTEXTROOT="$PWD/tex"
PATH="$PWD/bin:$CONTEXTROOT/texmf-linux-64/bin:$PATH" mtxrun --script
./bin/mtx-update.lua --force --update --make --context=beta
--platform=linux-64 --texroot="$CONTEXTROOT" --update --modules=all
--fonts=all

but to no avail. The errors are exactly like before.

@ 2016-01-05  9:32   ` Michał Goliński
From: Michał Goliński @ 2016-01-05  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Found a strange interaction with TikZ in my texmf, deleted my texmf and
now everything works as expected (although I have to run context twice).
So please diregard my previous mail.

Best regards
Michal Golinski