* Re: updmap - who knows it?
@ 2004-10-28 21:07 Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2004-10-28 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hartmut Henkel <hartmut_henkel@gmx.de> wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
>
> > working on Mac I happily added new font map files with
> >
> > updmap --enable Map texnansi-vendor-example.map
> >

> > Now, trying the same on a WinXP I get this error:
> >
> > Option enable, key "Map" requires a value
>
> maybe it's because this updmap is the Perl version, not the original
> shell version; currently there is a slight incompatibility. Try with
> equal sign, e. g.:
>
> updmap --enable Map=xyz.map
>
> Regards, Hartmut

Thanks for the fast reply!It looks promising.
(Although now we got an even better error - see below, please.)

"^#!\s*Map\s*" - what does that mean??

Steffen

C:\TeXLive\texmf-var\pdftex\config>updmap --enable Map=texnansi-adobe-agaramond.

map

using config file c:/TeXLive/texmf-var/web2c/updmap.cfg

type=Map,map=texnansi-adobe-agaramond.map

configReplace c:/TeXLive/texmf-var/web2c/updmap.cfg, ^#!\s*Map\s*texnansi-adobe-

agaramond.map, Map texnansi-adobe-agaramond.map

c:/TeXLive/texmf-var/web2c/updmap.cfg unchanged. Map files not recreated.

* Re: Re: updmap - who knows it?
@ 2004-10-28 21:39 ` Hartmut Henkel
From: Hartmut Henkel @ 2004-10-28 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:

> "^#!\s*Map\s*" - what does that mean??
>
> configReplace c:/TeXLive/texmf-var/web2c/updmap.cfg, ^#!\s*Map\s*texnansi-adobe-
> agaramond.map, Map texnansi-adobe-agaramond.map

maybe it's no error at all. It might mean that the configReplace
function should replace some line starting (^) with no comment sign
(#!), then eventually blanks (\s*) the word Map (Map), maybe more blanks
(\s*) and the name of the map file (texansi...) by the line "Map
texnan...". updmap.pl says that the line will be appended to updmap.cfg,
if not found. Do you find the line "Map texnansi-adobe-agaramond.map" in
updmap.cfg? Then everything should be ok.

Regards, Hartmut

* Re: Re: updmap - who knows it?
@ 2004-10-29  7:08   ` Fabrice Popineau
From: Fabrice Popineau @ 2004-10-29  7:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

People interesting in using the latest updmap.pl file should probably request it
from me. It appears that the version distributed on TL2003 has not been
sufficiently tested. On the other hand, if you install the TL2003 upgrade
available from http://www.fptex.org/ , that should fix your problems. Else ask
me directly and I'll fix them.

Best,

--