I examined the typescript given and started to apply it. I get however a strange error in that a font is not found. I replaced my line: \definefontsynonym [LucidaCalligraphy-Italic] [file:lbc.tfm] with the given: \definefontsynonym [LucidaCalligraphy-Italic] [name:lucidahandwritingitalic][features=default] The font search then comes in the afm-directory, as proved by the log (in part): fontnames | identifying tree font files with suffix afm fontnames | error when identifying afm font /Users/hans/TeX/context/ beta/tex/texmf-local/fonts/afm/yandy/lucida/lbmitex.afm: no matching pfb file fontnames | error when identifying afm font /Users/hans/TeX/context/ beta/tex/texmf-local/fonts/afm/yandy/lucida/lbmrtex.afm: no matching pfb file ... (these being math font files) The needed lbc.afm contains: ... Comment UniqueID 5029013 Comment MS-WindowsName LucidaCalligraphy Comment MacIntoshName LucidaCalligraphy FontName LucidaCalligraphy-Italic FullName Lucida Calligraphy Italic FamilyName LucidaCalligraphy Weight Normal ... Any reason why it is not found on the font search through the [name:] scheme? On 18 aug 2009, at 18:50, Wolfgang Schuster wrote: > > Am 18.08.2009 um 17:18 schrieb Hans van der Meer: > >> Working on typescripts for Y&Y's LucidaBright (which are type1 >> fonts) for MKIV (hoping to maintain compatibilty with MKII), the >> following code produces all math in bold, even the first x+y. > > You can use mine as start, math is defined in type-otf.mkiv. > > Wolfgang Hans van der Meer