* problem with tabulate header and footer
@ 2010-09-20  8:50 Hongwen Qiu
From: Hongwen Qiu @ 2010-09-20  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

 \setuptabulate[footer=repeat] has no effect, so is this a bug or if
something has been changed?

And \setuptabulate[header=repeat] can only repeat a single row(see the
minimal example below). So is this a bug or is it never been implemented
or thought like this?

TIA for any help or feedback.

Minimal example:

\starttext

\setuptabulate[header=repeat, footers=repeat]

\starttabulatehead
\HL
\NC A \NC B \NC C \NC \NR
\NC D \NC E \NC F \NC \NR
\HL
\stoptabulatehead

\starttabulatetail
\HL
\stoptabulatetail

\startluacode
context.starttabulate{"|c|c|c|"}
for i=1,200 do
context.NC() context("G")
context.NC() context("H")
context.NC() context("I")
context.NC() context.NR()
end
context.stoptabulate()
\stopluacode

\stoptext

The example and its output are attached.

[-- Attachment #2: tabulate.pdf --]

[-- Attachment #3: tabulate.tex --]

* Re: problem with tabulate header and footer
@ 2010-09-20  9:00 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-09-20  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 20.09.2010 um 10:50 schrieb Hongwen Qiu:

> \setuptabulate[footer=repeat] has no effect, so is this a bug or if
> something has been changed?

This was never supported.

> And \setuptabulate[header=repeat] can only repeat a single row(see the
> minimal example below). So is this a bug or is it never been implemented
> or thought like this?

Tabulate headers are limited to one row.

Wolfgang

* Re: problem with tabulate header and footer
@ 2010-09-20 11:10   ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2010-09-20 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2010-09-20 um 11:00 schrieb Wolfgang Schuster:

> Am 20.09.2010 um 10:50 schrieb Hongwen Qiu:
>
>> \setuptabulate[footer=repeat] has no effect, so is this a bug or if
>> something has been changed?
>
> This was never supported.
>
>> And \setuptabulate[header=repeat] can only repeat a single row(see
>> the
>> minimal example below). So is this a bug or is it never been
>> implemented
>> or thought like this?
>
> Tabulate headers are limited to one row.

I changed the wiki accordingly (only the overview page so far) because
I trust Wolfgang's knowledge blindly, but in the source it looks like
footers should be supported - but since there's a mix of
"tabulatetail" and "footer", perhaps it's not working. I didn't check.

Qiu (or is it Hongwen?), would you mind to investigate?

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://wiki.contextgarden.net
https://www.cacert.org (I'm an assurer)

* Re: problem with tabulate header and footer
@ 2010-09-20 11:18     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-09-20 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 20.09.2010 um 13:10 schrieb Henning Hraban Ramm:

> Am 2010-09-20 um 11:00 schrieb Wolfgang Schuster:
>

>> Am 20.09.2010 um 10:50 schrieb Hongwen Qiu:
>>
>>> \setuptabulate[footer=repeat] has no effect, so is this a bug or if
>>> something has been changed?
>>
>> This was never supported.
>

> I changed the wiki accordingly (only the overview page so far) because I trust Wolfgang's knowledge blindly, but in the source it looks like footers should be supported - but since there's a mix of "tabulatetail" and "footer", perhaps it's not working. I didn't check.

Sorry to confuse you but my answer meant is that the footer of a tabulate appears only at the end of the environment. Repeating the tabulate footer like the head is not supported.

Wolfgang