* Fixme replacement
@ 2005-04-03 22:17 Robert Ullrey
From: Robert Ullrey @ 2005-04-03 22:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 869 bytes --]

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone knows of a similar macro in CoNTeXt to the
LaTeX \Fixme package
<http://www.tug.org/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/fixme.html>.
What fixme allowed me to do that I have yet to figure out in context is
make inline notes "\fxnote" or marks "\fxwarning" "\fxerror" that would
then in draft mode print either margin or footnotes where the change
was needed. It was very handy when, as an editor, wanting to make quick
comments in proofing. Fixme also prints an index of all the fixmes.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Robert

Robert Ullrey

Office of the President,
Sacramento City College Academic Senate,

Suite RN236
3835 Freeport Boulevard
Sacramento, California 95822
(916) 558-2150

_____________________________________

http://web.scc.losrios.edu/asenate/
Senate email: sccacad@scc.losrios.edu
Personal email: UllreyR@scc.losrios.edu

[-- Attachment #1.1.2: Type: text/enriched, Size: 993 bytes --]

[...]

Personal email: UllreyR@scc.losrios.edu</fontfamily>

[-- Attachment #1.2: PGP.sig --]

* Re: Fixme replacement
@ 2005-04-04 11:07 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-04-04 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Robert Ullrey wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am wondering if anyone knows of a similar macro in CoNTeXt to the
> LaTeX \Fixme package
> <http://www.tug.org/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/fixme.html>. What
> fixme allowed me to do that I have yet to figure out in context is make
> inline notes "\fxnote" or marks "\fxwarning" "\fxerror" that would then
> in draft mode print either margin or footnotes where the change was
> needed. It was very handy when, as an editor, wanting to make quick
> comments in proofing. Fixme also prints an index of all the fixmes.
>
> Any ideas?

I don't believe you can do this at the moment, but it sounds like a nice
feature to have. I'm stressed for time right now, but otherwise I'd be
tempted to create such a module.

Taco

* Re: Fixme replacement
@ 2005-04-04 12:30   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-04-04 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Robert Ullrey wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am wondering if anyone knows of a similar macro in CoNTeXt to the
>> LaTeX \Fixme package
>> <http://www.tug.org/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/fixme.html>.
>> What fixme allowed me to do that I have yet to figure out in context
>> is make inline notes "\fxnote" or marks "\fxwarning" "\fxerror" that
>> would then in draft mode print either margin or footnotes where the
>> change was needed. It was very handy when, as an editor, wanting to
>> make quick comments in proofing. Fixme also prints an index of all the
>> fixmes.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>

> I don't believe you can do this at the moment, but it sounds like a nice
> feature to have. I'm stressed for time right now, but otherwise I'd be
> tempted to create such a module.

if someone writes down what is needed i can write it (can run on top of exiting
mechanisms for which i may need to add states [start|stop]); it sounds rather
trivial to do

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl