* inserting Chinese characters (MKII)
@ 2009-06-11 13:37 Bowen Alan C.
From: Bowen Alan C. @ 2009-06-11 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mailing ConTeXt users list for

  I have absolutely no knowledge of Chinese, but I am publishing a
review which inserts two Chinese characters into a document as follows,

  third century alchemist Ge Hong 葛洪 as another

So which of the two Chinese modules on http://
modules.contextgarden.net/ should I install or do I need them both? (I
am assuming that installing one of both of these modules will take
care of steps 1–4 of the post-ConTeXt 2005.12.19 instructions on http://wiki.contextrarden.net/Chinese
.)

By the way, the LaTeX file that I am working from has

\begin{TChinese}ËëõÊ¥™\end{TChinese}

where

\newenvironment{TChinese}{%
\CJKfamily{bsmi}%
%\CJKfamily{bkai}%
   \CJKtilde
   \CJKnospace}{}

Alan

* Re: inserting Chinese characters (MKII)
@ 2009-06-11 13:51 ` Zhichu Chen
From: Zhichu Chen @ 2009-06-11 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Since it's just two characters, why not make it a picture which you
can generate it from your LaTeX output. That'll much easier than
installing the Chinese fonts, generating the typescripts or so.

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 9:37 PM, Bowen Alan C.<acbowen@princeton.edu> wrote:
>  I have absolutely no knowledge of Chinese, but I am publishing a review
> which inserts two Chinese characters into a document as follows,
>  third century alchemist Ge Hong 葛洪 as another
> So which of the two Chinese modules on http://modules.contextgarden.net/
> should I install or do I need them both? (I am assuming that installing one
> of both of these modules will take care of steps 1–4 of the post-ConTeXt
> 2005.12.19 instructions on http://wiki.contextrarden.net/Chinese.)
> By the way, the LaTeX file that I am working from has
> \begin{TChinese}ËëõÊ¥™\end{TChinese}
> where
> \newenvironment{TChinese}{%
> \CJKfamily{bsmi}%
> %\CJKfamily{bkai}%
>   \CJKtilde
>   \CJKnospace}{}
> Alan

Best Regards
Chen

          Zhi-chu Chen | Shanghai Synchrotron Radiation Facility
         No. 2019 | Jialuo Rd. | Jiading | Shanghai | P.R. China
             tel: 086 21 5955 3405 | zhichu.chen.googlepages.com

@ 2009-06-11 15:09   ` Bowen Alan C.
From: Bowen Alan C. @ 2009-06-11 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

A good idea. Thanks. I do not have LaTeX installed (only the ConTeXt
Minimals) but I can use Acrobat Pro to capture the Chinese characters
and take it from there. The result is not bad---the first character is
not as clear as it might be if it were actually generated using ConTeXt.

Alan