* beta (2009-05-11)
@ 2009-05-11 11:05 Peter Rolf
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Peter Rolf @ 2009-05-11 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

there are still some problems with footnotes and overprinting. I have
reactivated the old (sorry, non minimal) example for that. But for three
problems it is pretty short :)

1. the footnote uses '1' instead of the chosen '*' (set 1)
2. the footnote marker is not bound to the footnote text (only the text
is moved right)
3. the problem with the undefined \PDFobjectreferenceB occurs again, if
overprinting is used (see different versions of \NoteNumber and \MyFootnote)

One additional note to 3.)
I have to enable overprinting for both the marker and the text to get
the desired result (all should be overprinted). Is this intended?

Peter

[-- Attachment #2: footnote.tex --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 697 bytes --]

%\def\NoteNumber#1{\hbox to 15pt{\hfill\black \dostartoverprint#1\dostopoverprint}}
\def\NoteNumber#1{\hbox to 15pt{\hfill\black #1}}
\setupfootnotes
  [bodyfont=6pt,
   textcolor=black,
   before=,after=,
   rule=off,
   conversion={set 1},
%   distance=-2em,
   margindistance=-2em,
   numbercommand=\NoteNumber]

%\def\MyFootnote#1{\footnote{\hskip3em \dostartoverprint#1\dostopoverprint}}
\def\MyFootnote#1{\footnote{\hskip3em #1}}

\starttext

 \startlocalfootnotes
 \vbox\bgroup\hsize=78mm\dontcomplain
 \startitemize[4]
 \item die Ausgabe erfolgt als PDF/X-4p\MyFootnote{ISO 15930-7:2008}
 \stopitemize
 \egroup
 \stoplocalfootnotes

 \moveright70mm\hbox{\placelocalfootnotes}

\stoptext

* Re: beta (2009-05-11)
@ 2009-05-11 11:09 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-05-11 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Rolf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> there are still some problems with footnotes and overprinting. I have
> reactivated the old (sorry, non minimal) example for that. But for three
> problems it is pretty short :)
>
> 1. the footnote uses '1' instead of the chosen '*' (set 1)
> 2. the footnote marker is not bound to the footnote text (only the text
> is moved right)
> 3. the problem with the undefined \PDFobjectreferenceB occurs again, if
> overprinting is used (see different versions of \NoteNumber and
> \MyFootnote)

test file needed

> One additional note to 3.)
> I have to enable overprinting for both the marker and the text to get
> the desired result (all should be overprinted). Is this intended?

dunno, as i never use overprint myself

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: beta (2009-05-11)
@ 2009-05-11 11:20   ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2009-05-11 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen schrieb:
> Peter Rolf wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> there are still some problems with footnotes and overprinting. I have
>> reactivated the old (sorry, non minimal) example for that. But for
>> three problems it is pretty short :)
>>
>> 1. the footnote uses '1' instead of the chosen '*' (set 1)
>> 2. the footnote marker is not bound to the footnote text (only the
>> text is moved right)
>> 3. the problem with the undefined \PDFobjectreferenceB occurs again,
>> if overprinting is used (see different versions of \NoteNumber and
>> \MyFootnote)
>
> test file needed

sure. the test is attached to the prior mail (footnote.tex).

@ 2009-05-11 12:00 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2009-05-11 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2009-05-11 um 13:05 schrieb Peter Rolf:

> there are still some problems with footnotes and overprinting. I
> have reactivated the old (sorry, non minimal) example for that. But
> for three problems it is pretty short :)
>
> 1. the footnote uses '1' instead of the chosen '*' (set 1)

That's only a setup change:

\setupnote[footnote]numberconversion=set 2]

(* is set 2, 1 is set 1)

> 2. the footnote marker is not bound to the footnote text (only the
> text is moved right)

Oh, you get footnote markers at all? I don't.

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://wiki.contextgarden.net
https://www.cacert.org (I'm an assurer)

* Re: beta (2009-05-11)
@ 2009-05-11 12:14   ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2009-05-11 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

Indeed there is something going wrong with footnotes, and maybe the
following remark may help fix the issue.
It works (for me…) in the following example (note the \sction command
commented out):

%%% begin basic-test.tex
\starttext

This file has been typeset
on \currentdate{}
at \currenttime,
with
\doifmodeelse{mkiv}
	{mkiv,
	LuaTeX version \the\luatexversion,
	LuaTeX revision \luatexrevision,
	(LuaTeX date stamp \luatexdatestamp),
	using the command: \par
	\type{context basic-test.tex}\par}
	{mkii,
	using the command: \par
	\type{texexec basic-test.tex}\par}
ConTeXt version \contextversion.

%\section{Testing a section} --> Here is the issue

\startitemize

\item test\footnote{This is a silly remark…}

\item test\footnote{This is a silly remark, inside an item…}

\stopitemize

test\footnote{This is another silly remark but outside items…}
\stoptext
%%%

On my machine running
mkiv, LuaTeX version 40,
LuaTeX revision 1, (LuaTeX date stamp 2009050813),
ConTeXt version 2009.05.11 12:48.
the markers are correctly shown as well as the numbered notes.

However if I uncomment the \section command the problem appears.

Best regards: OK

On 11 mai 09, at 14:00, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:

> Am 2009-05-11 um 13:05 schrieb Peter Rolf:
>
>> there are still some problems with footnotes and overprinting. I
>> have reactivated the old (sorry, non minimal) example for that. But
>> for three problems it is pretty short :)
>>
>> 1. the footnote uses '1' instead of the chosen '*' (set 1)
>
> That's only a setup change:
>
> \setupnote[footnote]numberconversion=set 2]
>
> (* is set 2, 1 is set 1)
>

>> 2. the footnote marker is not bound to the footnote text (only the
>> text is moved right)
>
> Oh, you get footnote markers at all? I don't.
>

> Greetlings from Lake Constance!
> Hraban
> ---
> http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net
> https://www.cacert.org (I'm an assurer)

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Otared Kavian
Département de Mathématiques
Université de Versailles Saint-Quentin
Bâtiment Fermat
45 aveue des Etats Unis
78035 Versailles cedex

Téléphone: +33 1 39 25 46 42
Secrétariat: +33 1 39 25 46 44
Secrétariat: +33 1 39 25 46 46

e-mail: Otared.Kavian@math.uvsq.fr

* Re: beta (2009-05-11)
@ 2009-05-11 13:03 ` Hans Hagen
       [not found]   ` <200905111518.05367.alan.braslau@cea.fr>
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-05-11 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Rolf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> there are still some problems with footnotes and overprinting. I have
> reactivated the old (sorry, non minimal) example for that. But for three
> problems it is pretty short :)
>
> 1. the footnote uses '1' instead of the chosen '*' (set 1)

in mkiv conversion has become numberconversion

> 2. the footnote marker is not bound to the footnote text (only the text
> is moved right)
> 3. the problem with the undefined \PDFobjectreferenceB occurs again, if
> overprinting is used (see different versions of \NoteNumber and
> \MyFootnote)
>
> One additional note to 3.)
> I have to enable overprinting for both the marker and the text to get
> the desired result (all should be overprinted). Is this intended?
>

> Peter

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: mframed, setupinteractions
       [not found]   ` <200905111518.05367.alan.braslau@cea.fr>
@ 2009-05-11 13:40     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-05-11 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alan BRASLAU wrote:
> Thanks (\setupinteractions[option=max], \mframed[background=color])!
>
> Please note that the vertical spacing seems to be off (raised) for \mframed...
> minimal example:
>
> \starttext
> \startformula
>  A = B + \mframed[frame=off,background=color,backgroundcolor=gray]{C}
> \stopformula
> \stoptext

the question is ... what are reasonable defaults ... maybe set offset to
0 or use \inframed in display as well ... needs some testing and discussion

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2009-05-11 14:15       ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2009-05-11 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Monday 11 May 2009 15:40:04 Hans Hagen wrote:
> Alan BRASLAU wrote:
> > Thanks (\setupinteractions[option=max], \mframed[background=color])!
> >
> > Please note that the vertical spacing seems to be off (raised) for
> > \mframed... minimal example:
> >
> > \starttext
> > \startformula
> >  A = B + \mframed[frame=off,background=color,backgroundcolor=gray]{C}
> > \stopformula
> > \stoptext
>
> the question is ... what are reasonable defaults ... maybe set offset to
> 0 or use \inframed in display as well ... needs some testing and discussion
>
> Hans

discussion:

I understand the difference between \framed{} and \inframed{}
\mframed{} is another flavor. Try the following test:

\starttext
$A = B + C$
$A = B + \framed{C}$
$A = B + \mframed{C}$
$A = B + \inframed{C}$
$A = B + \inframed{$C$}$
\stoptext

Maybe the last case could equivalently be written:
$A = B + \imframed{C}$
or
$A = B + \minframed{C}$ (see core-rul.mki[iv])

Of course, one can also play around between \startformula \stopformula
pairs...

Why all of these different macros? Why not only one \framed{} with options
"inline=yes" and "math=yes", for example? (Or are there related programming
complications?).

Alan

* Re: mframed, setupinteractions
@ 2009-05-11 15:00       ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2009-05-11 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 11 May 2009, Hans Hagen wrote:

> Alan BRASLAU wrote:
>> Thanks (\setupinteractions[option=max], \mframed[background=color])!
>>
>> Please note that the vertical spacing seems to be off (raised) for
>> \mframed...
>> minimal example:
>>
>> \starttext
>> \startformula
>>  A = B + \mframed[frame=off,background=color,backgroundcolor=gray]{C}
>> \stopformula
>> \stoptext
>
> the question is ... what are reasonable defaults ... maybe set offset to 0 or
> use \inframed in display as well ... needs some testing and discussion

Aside for "inline" framed boxes for math, it will be nice to support
"display" framed boxes. For example, see the attached image from the
empheq package for latex (I know Hans doesn't like to read big pdfs from
latex packages, hence the attached image ;-)

If framed could be incorporated into formula, we could easily create many
fancy boxes.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: IMAGE/png, Size: 20251 bytes --]

* Re: mframed, setupinteractions
@ 2009-05-11 22:23         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-05-11 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Mon, 11 May 2009, Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>> Alan BRASLAU wrote:
>>> Thanks (\setupinteractions[option=max], \mframed[background=color])!
>>>
>>> Please note that the vertical spacing seems to be off (raised) for
>>> \mframed...
>>> minimal example:
>>>
>>> \starttext
>>> \startformula
>>>  A = B + \mframed[frame=off,background=color,backgroundcolor=gray]{C}
>>> \stopformula
>>> \stoptext
>>
>> the question is ... what are reasonable defaults ... maybe set offset
>> to 0 or use \inframed in display as well ... needs some testing and
>> discussion
>
> Aside for "inline" framed boxes for math, it will be nice to support
> "display" framed boxes. For example, see the attached image from the
> empheq package for latex (I know Hans doesn't like to read big pdfs from
> latex packages, hence the attached image ;-)
>
> If framed could be incorporated into formula, we could easily create
> many fancy boxes.

mframed is either \framed or \inframed (currently) and there is some
logic in it

\mframed
\inmframed

\starttext
\startformula
  \mframed[offset=3pt,background=color,backgroundcolor=red]{A = B +
\inmframed[frame=off,background=color,backgroundcolor=gray]{C}}
\stopformula
\stoptext

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE