* Question about a link in a footnote to cite
@ 2016-08-05 14:38 Ursula Hermann
From: Ursula Hermann @ 2016-08-05 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello list!

I would like to know:

If I have this in a footnote \footnote\cite Truman, Harry: Inaugural
Address. 1949. Letzter Zugriff: 10.07.2013, http://
<http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=13282>
www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=13282. [Hervorhebung I.G.]

 whats the right way?
\startbuffer[biblio]
@url and I have an author and a year, do I have to write it here?

}
\stopbuffer

\mainlanguage[en]
\usebtxdataset[biblio.buffer]

\starttext

\startbodymatter
  \startchapter[title={Me}]
    That's me
\footnote{\cite[url, author, year]?
  \stopchapter
\stopbodymatter

\startbackmatter
  \startchapter[title={Bibliography}]
    \placelistofpublications
  \stopchapter
\stopbackmatter

\stoptext

* Re: Question about a link in a footnote to cite
@ 2016-08-05 15:24 ` Henri Menke
From: Henri Menke @ 2016-08-05 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Uschi,

you should perhaps read the slides from Alan talk about bibliographies [1] for a quick start and the official manual »Bibliographies
the ConTeXt Way«, because I have the feeling that you ask the same questions over and over again.

To solve your problem, you have to bring the reference into correct format.  That means, you have to identify author, title, url, etc.  In the reference format the order of these does not matter.  What you also have to do is, give the reference a unique identifier (FirstAuthorYear, here Truman1949 is common).  To cite a website you should use the @electronic category.  By default only @article and @book are available so you need to load a style which has it, e.g. apa.

You find the example below.

Cheers, Henri

[1] http://meeting.contextgarden.net/2014/talks/2014-09-09-alan-bibtex/From_BibTeX_to_ConTeXt_MKVI.pdf
[2] http://pragma-ade.nl/general/manuals/mkiv-publications.pdf

---

\startbuffer[biblio]
@electronic{Truman1949,
  author = {Truman, Harry},
  title = {Inaugural Address},
  year = {1949},
  note = {Letzter Zugriff: 10.07.2013},
  url = {http:// www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=13282},
}
\stopbuffer

\setupinteraction[state=start] % enable hyperlinks

\mainlanguage[en]
\usebtxdataset[biblio.buffer]
\usebtxdefinitions[apa]

\starttext

\startbodymatter
  \startchapter[title={Me}]
    That's me \footnote{\cite[alternative=entry][Truman1949]}