* random bookmarks not linked (with example)
@ 2012-02-15 11:28 Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2012-02-15 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

finally I managed to figure out a "minimal" 3 page example that can reproduce this strange bug!

It seems to be an interaction of \cite and \index with sectioning/bookmark generation:
Please run "chap_1.tex" and click on the bookmark "1.1.2 SIX" ... no destination is set.

(As I explained before, this does not mean that anything strange is going on at \subsection{SIX}.
If the minimal file was longer, the missing link would have been somewhere else.)

If I delete the used \index entries the bug is gone.
And if I delete the used \mycite commands the bug is gone, too.

I hope this test file might help ...

Steffen
-------

* Re: random bookmarks not linked (with example)
@ 2012-02-21 12:37     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-02-21 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 21-2-2012 11:17, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:

>   6     \setuppublications[state=start,refcommand=author]
>   7
>   8     \setupcite   [author]   [pubsep={},    lastpubsep={},    inbetween={},    left={},    right={},    andtext={|::|}, otherstext={ \tf et al.}]
>   9
> 10     \newbibfield[shorttitle]
> 11     \newbibfield[shortauthor]

incomplete example ... i don't keep old stuff around

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2012-02-21 10:17   ` Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2012-02-21 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 16.02.2012 um 09:20 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> On 15-2-2012 12:28, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
>> Hi Hans,
>>
>> finally I managed to figure out a "minimal" 3 page example that can reproduce this strange bug!
>>
>> It seems to be an interaction of \cite and \index with sectioning/bookmark generation:
>> Please run "chap_1.tex" and click on the bookmark "1.1.2 SIX" ... no destination is set.
>>
>> (As I explained before, this does not mean that anything strange is going on at \subsection{SIX}.
>> If the minimal file was longer, the missing link would have been somewhere else.)
>>
>> If I delete the used \index entries the bug is gone.
>> And if I delete the used \mycite commands the bug is gone, too.
>>

>> I hope this test file might help ...
>
> like Luigi I get a pdf where 1.1.2 SIX is a proper link

not today: when I run it with version 20120221 I get an error:

! Missing } inserted.

system          > tex > error on line 1 in file chap_01.tex: Missing  ...

 1 >>  %&context
 2     %!TEX TS-program = luatex
 3
 4
 5     % --------------------------------------------------------
 6     \setuppublications[state=start,refcommand=author]
 7
 8     \setupcite   [author]   [pubsep={},    lastpubsep={},    inbetween={},    left={},    right={},    andtext={|::|}, otherstext={ \tf et al.}]
 9
10     \newbibfield[shorttitle]
11     \newbibfield[shortauthor]

<inserted text>
                }
<to be read again>
                   \endgroup
<argument> ...ct_yes [pubs][\c!type =\s!userdata ]
                                                  [bibref=Franzen2001]\fi
\firstofoneargument #1->#1

<to be read again>
                   \fi
\next1 #1,->\docitation {#1}
                            \syst_helpers_do_process_comma_item
l.341 }

?
Process aborted

* Re: random bookmarks not linked (with example)
@ 2012-02-20 14:12         ` Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2012-02-20 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 20.02.2012 um 12:54 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> On 20-2-2012 11:50, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
>>
>> Am 16.02.2012 um 09:48 schrieb Steffen Wolfrum:
>>>
>>> my project is an already finished and printed book.
>>> it was set with context vers. 2011.05.14, in this version the link is missing
>>>
>>> now the publishers asked for the pdf (to provide it on-line too) and thus they noticed the defect.
>>>
>>> unfortunately running the same project with todays beta gives different line breaks and so different page breaks. which is not acceptable for the publishers.
>>>

>>> I retried it with vers. 2012.01.16, also here the link is missing:
>>> do you remember what changed you made between, say 2012.01.16 (not working) and today (working)?
>>> then maybe a patch can be found out that could also be adapted to my original vers. 2011.05.14?
>>

>> Hi Hans,
>>
>> is there a chance that there might be a patch that fixes the missing bookmark links in version 2011.05.14,
>> or should I better start locating and linking the large number of missing entries by hand?
>
> not much chance ... you could grep'n'diff the lpdf-*.lua files and maybe see some change

there are many changes in these files...
so, I replaced all of them in 2011.05.14 by the respective from 2012.02.16, just to see what happens:

1) not very surprisingly, there were no bookmarks at all generated anymore.
2) but in the TOC, the same entries that had no links (as bookmarks and as TOC entries) before, don't have links now.

Doesn't that prove that the changes that fixed this bug were made somewhere else (i.e. in other files)?

@ 2012-02-20 11:54       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-02-20 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2012-02-20 10:50     ` Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2012-02-20 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 16.02.2012 um 09:48 schrieb Steffen Wolfrum:

> my project is an already finished and printed book.
> it was set with context vers. 2011.05.14, in this version the link is missing
>
> now the publishers asked for the pdf (to provide it on-line too) and thus they noticed the defect.
>
> unfortunately running the same project with todays beta gives different line breaks and so different page breaks. which is not acceptable for the publishers.
>

> I retried it with vers. 2012.01.16, also here the link is missing:
> do you remember what changed you made between, say 2012.01.16 (not working) and today (working)?
> then maybe a patch can be found out that could also be adapted to my original vers. 2011.05.14?

Hi Hans,

is there a chance that there might be a patch that fixes the missing bookmark links in version 2011.05.14,
or should I better start locating and linking the large number of missing entries by hand?

Best, Steffen

* Re: random bookmarks not linked (with example)
@ 2012-02-16  8:48   ` Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2012-02-16  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2012-02-16  8:20 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-02-16  8:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2012-02-16  8:00     ` Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2012-02-16  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 15.02.2012 um 23:51 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> On 15-2-2012 20:59, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
>> Dear developers, friends
>>
>> please have a look at the bug described below!
>>
>> It is not an academic detail ...
>> It's a real book that's already have finished, containing hundreds of sections.
>> And unfortunately dozens of these cripples bookmarks.
>>
>> I don't know what else I can do for debugging. Is there some advanced logging magic?
>
> i'll have a look at it but not today

ok, great

> btw, never use betas for critical (deadline) projects), esp not now I'm redoing some otr and structure code

(thanks for the warning)

@ 2012-02-15 22:51   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-02-15 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2012-02-15 20:39   ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2012-02-15 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 8:59 PM, Steffen Wolfrum <context@st.estfiles.de> wrote:
> Dear developers, friends
>
> please have a look at the bug described below!
>
> It is not an academic detail ...
> It's a real book that's already have finished, containing hundreds of sections.
> And unfortunately dozens of these cripples bookmarks.
>
> I don't know what else I can do for debugging. Is there some advanced logging magic?
I've several unknown references

references      > unknown reference [][1:Franzen2001]
references      > unknown reference [][1:Leydecker2005]
references      > unknown reference [][1:Duetz2008]
references      > unknown reference [][1:Kovacs2008]
references      > unknown reference [][1:Jacobs2007]
references      > unknown reference [][1:Soellner2007]
publications    > warning: unknown cite argument Wiedemann2007 on line
\the\inputlineno
references      > unknown reference [][1:Wiedemann2007]
references      > unknown reference [][1:Zoellner1967]
references      > unknown reference [][1:Gamillscheg1997]
references      > unknown reference [][1:Hueck1966]
references      > unknown reference [][1:Hoelters1973]
references      > unknown reference [][1:Borchard2009]
references      > unknown reference [][1:Gamillscheg1966]
references      > unknown reference [][1:Kurlbaum1925]
references      > unknown reference [][1:Georgi1971]
references      > unknown reference [][1:Gamillscheg2005]
references      > unknown reference [][1:Daeubler2002]
references      > unknown reference [][1:Thusing2011]
references      > unknown reference [][1:Bietmann2010]
references      > unknown reference [][1:Greiner2010b]
references      > unknown reference [][1:Seitenzahl1976]
publications    > warning: unknown cite argument Zachert1995 on line
\the\inputlineno
references      > unknown reference [][1:Zachert1995]
unknown         >    1: [][1:Bietmann2010]
unknown         >    1: [][1:Borchard2009]
unknown         >    1: [][1:Daeubler2002]
unknown         >    1: [][1:Duetz2008]
unknown         >    1: [][1:Franzen2001]
unknown         >    1: [][1:Gamillscheg1966]
unknown         >    2: [][1:Gamillscheg1997]
unknown         >    1: [][1:Gamillscheg2005]
unknown         >    1: [][1:Georgi1971]
unknown         >    1: [][1:Greiner2010b]
unknown         >    1: [][1:Hoelters1973]
unknown         >    1: [][1:Hueck1966]
unknown         >    1: [][1:Jacobs2007]
unknown         >    1: [][1:Kovacs2008]
unknown         >    1: [][1:Kurlbaum1925]
unknown         >    1: [][1:Leydecker2005]
unknown         >    1: [][1:Seitenzahl1976]
unknown         >    1: [][1:Soellner2007]
unknown         >    1: [][1:Thusing2011]
unknown         >    1: [][1:Wiedemann2007]
unknown         >    1: [][1:Zachert1995]
unknown         >    2: [][1:Zoellner1967]

my pdf should be in attachment.
--
luigi

[-- Attachment #2: chap_01.pdf --]

* Re: random bookmarks not linked (with example)
@ 2012-02-15 19:59 ` Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2012-02-15 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear developers, friends

please have a look at the bug described below!

It is not an academic detail ...
It's a real book that's already have finished, containing hundreds of sections.
And unfortunately dozens of these cripples bookmarks.

I don't know what else I can do for debugging. Is there some advanced logging magic?

Please help!

Steffen

From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2012-02-15 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)