* layers x 2
@ 2021-04-28  4:24 jbf
From: jbf @ 2021-04-28  4:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi list,

Is it possible to place two layers on the same page? I have several
pages where that would be necessary. On the first of those pages, it did
actually work, but on the remaining other pages, the second layer, even
though located at the bottom of the page, eliminates the first layer. I
have simply set them up one after the other. As you can see, the 1st is
towards the top left of the page, while the second is bottom right.

\definelayer[blessings]  % name of the layer
     [x=0mm, y=0mm,  % from upper left corner of paper
      width=\paperwidth, height=.5\paperheight] % let the layer cover
the full paper
\setlayer[blessings]    % name of the layer
     [hoffset=.09\textwidth, voffset=1.7cm]  % placement (from upper
left corner of the layer)
     {\externalfigure[bless.eps][width=3cm]}  % the actual contents of
the layer
\setupbackgrounds[page][background=blessings]

\definelayer[tree]  % name of the layer
     [x=0mm, y=0mm,  % from upper left corner of paper
      width=\paperwidth, height=\paperheight] % let the layer cover the
full paper
\setlayer[tree]    % name of the layer
     [hoffset=.75\textwidth, voffset=15.1cm]  % placement (from upper
left corner of the layer)
     {\externalfigure[Pohutukawa.jpg][width=.5\textwidth]}  % the actual
contents of the layer
\setupbackgrounds[page][background=tree]

What am I doing wrong?

Julian

* Re: layers x 2
@ 2021-04-28  4:44 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2021-04-28  4:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

jbf <roma83537@gmail.com> schrieb am Mi., 28. Apr. 2021, 06:25:

> Hi list,
>
> Is it possible to place two layers on the same page? I have several
> pages where that would be necessary. On the first of those pages, it did
> actually work, but on the remaining other pages, the second layer, even
> though located at the bottom of the page, eliminates the first layer. I
> have simply set them up one after the other. As you can see, the 1st is
> towards the top left of the page, while the second is bottom right.
>
> \definelayer[blessings]  % name of the layer
>      [x=0mm, y=0mm,  % from upper left corner of paper
>       width=\paperwidth, height=.5\paperheight] % let the layer cover
> the full paper
> \setlayer[blessings]    % name of the layer
>      [hoffset=.09\textwidth, voffset=1.7cm]  % placement (from upper
> left corner of the layer)
>      {\externalfigure[bless.eps][width=3cm]}  % the actual contents of
> the layer
> \setupbackgrounds[page][background=blessings]
>
> \definelayer[tree]  % name of the layer
>      [x=0mm, y=0mm,  % from upper left corner of paper
>       width=\paperwidth, height=\paperheight] % let the layer cover the
> full paper
> \setlayer[tree]    % name of the layer
>      [hoffset=.75\textwidth, voffset=15.1cm]  % placement (from upper
> left corner of the layer)
>      {\externalfigure[Pohutukawa.jpg][width=.5\textwidth]}  % the actual
> contents of the layer
> \setupbackgrounds[page][background=tree]
>
> What am I doing wrong?

\setupbackgrounds [page] [background={blessings,trees}]

Wolfgang

* Re: layers x 2
@ 2021-04-28  4:53   ` jbf
From: jbf @ 2021-04-28  4:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

It is not clear to me. I have two \setupbackgrounds as you can see. If I
put setupbackgrounds[page][background=blessings,tree] for the first one
I get the tree but not the blessing graphic. If I also have the same for
the second one (\setupbackgrounds[page][background=blessings,tree]) I
get the blessings graphic but not the tree! I want both obviously. Sorry
for being obtuse.

Julian

On 28/4/21 2:44 pm, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> jbf <roma83537@gmail.com <mailto:roma83537@gmail.com>> schrieb am Mi.,
> 28. Apr. 2021, 06:25:
>
>     Hi list,
>
>     Is it possible to place two layers on the same page? I have several
>     pages where that would be necessary. On the first of those pages,
>     it did
>     actually work, but on the remaining other pages, the second layer,
>     even
>     though located at the bottom of the page, eliminates the first
>     layer. I
>     have simply set them up one after the other. As you can see, the
>     1st is
>     towards the top left of the page, while the second is bottom right.
>
>     \definelayer[blessings]  % name of the layer
>          [x=0mm, y=0mm,  % from upper left corner of paper
>           width=\paperwidth, height=.5\paperheight] % let the layer cover
>     the full paper
>     \setlayer[blessings]    % name of the layer
>          [hoffset=.09\textwidth, voffset=1.7cm]  % placement (from upper
>     left corner of the layer)
>          {\externalfigure[bless.eps][width=3cm]}  % the actual
>     contents of
>     the layer
>     \setupbackgrounds[page][background=blessings]
>
>     \definelayer[tree]  % name of the layer
>          [x=0mm, y=0mm,  % from upper left corner of paper
>           width=\paperwidth, height=\paperheight] % let the layer
>     cover the
>     full paper
>     \setlayer[tree]    % name of the layer
>          [hoffset=.75\textwidth, voffset=15.1cm]  % placement (from upper
>     left corner of the layer)
>     {\externalfigure[Pohutukawa.jpg][width=.5\textwidth]}  % the actual
>     contents of the layer
>     \setupbackgrounds[page][background=tree]
>
>     What am I doing wrong?
>

> \setupbackgrounds [page] [background={blessings,trees}]
>
> Wolfgang

* Re: layers x 2
@ 2021-04-28  4:58     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2021-04-28  4:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Move both \definelayer and \setupbackgrounds to the start of the document
and put braces ({...}) around the list entry.

Wolfgang

jbf <roma83537@gmail.com> schrieb am Mi., 28. Apr. 2021, 06:53:

> It is not clear to me. I have two \setupbackgrounds as you can see. If I
> put setupbackgrounds[page][background=blessings,tree] for the first one I
> get the tree but not the blessing graphic. If I also have the same for the
> second one (\setupbackgrounds[page][background=blessings,tree]) I get the
> blessings graphic but not the tree! I want both obviously. Sorry for being
> obtuse.
>
> Julian
> On 28/4/21 2:44 pm, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>

> jbf <roma83537@gmail.com> schrieb am Mi., 28. Apr. 2021, 06:25:
>
>> Hi list,
>>
>> Is it possible to place two layers on the same page? I have several
>> pages where that would be necessary. On the first of those pages, it did
>> actually work, but on the remaining other pages, the second layer, even
>> though located at the bottom of the page, eliminates the first layer. I
>> have simply set them up one after the other. As you can see, the 1st is
>> towards the top left of the page, while the second is bottom right.
>>
>> \definelayer[blessings]  % name of the layer
>>      [x=0mm, y=0mm,  % from upper left corner of paper
>>       width=\paperwidth, height=.5\paperheight] % let the layer cover
>> the full paper
>> \setlayer[blessings]    % name of the layer
>>      [hoffset=.09\textwidth, voffset=1.7cm]  % placement (from upper
>> left corner of the layer)
>>      {\externalfigure[bless.eps][width=3cm]}  % the actual contents of
>> the layer
>> \setupbackgrounds[page][background=blessings]
>>
>> \definelayer[tree]  % name of the layer
>>      [x=0mm, y=0mm,  % from upper left corner of paper
>>       width=\paperwidth, height=\paperheight] % let the layer cover the
>> full paper
>> \setlayer[tree]    % name of the layer
>>      [hoffset=.75\textwidth, voffset=15.1cm]  % placement (from upper
>> left corner of the layer)
>>      {\externalfigure[Pohutukawa.jpg][width=.5\textwidth]}  % the actual
>> contents of the layer
>> \setupbackgrounds[page][background=tree]
>>
>> What am I doing wrong?
>>

> \setupbackgrounds [page] [background={blessings,trees}]
>
> Wolfgang

* Re: layers x 2
@ 2021-04-28  5:10       ` jbf
From: jbf @ 2021-04-28  5:10 UTC (permalink / raw)