* Re: bold math not mathitalic
@ 2005-11-16 15:15 Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2005-11-16 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am trying to define bold math myself, but encounter a problem with
the typescripts.

Further probing into this matter (previous mail, see below) shows
that the typescript delineated by ****'s is NOT USED AT ALL!
(Calling \setupformulas[method=bold] makes no difference).
It therefore does not seem a problem in the math family assignments
in font-bfm.tex, as I first suspected.

Is there some special invocation needed for hooking up a user defined
font set into $\bfmath ...$?
If have looked into font-bfm.tex  and font-ini.tex but could not
figure it out.
Clearly I am misunderstanding the inner workings here, but I have no
clue in which direction to look.

******
******

> \starttypescript [math] [lucidayy] [name]
>   \definefontsynonym [MathRoman]         [LucidaBright]
>   \definefontsynonym [MathItalic]        [LucidaNewMath-AltItalic]
> \stoptypescript
>
> \starttypescript [math] [lucidayy] [texnansi,ec,8r]
>   \definefontsynonym [LucidaBright]                [hlhr8y]
> [encoding=texnansi]
>   \definefontsynonym [LucidaNewMath-AltItalic]     [hlcrima]
> \stoptypescript
>
> \starttypescript [bfmath] [lucidayy] [name]
>   \definefontsynonym [MathRomanBold]     [LucidaBright-Demi]
>   \definefontsynonym [MathItalicBold]    [LucidaNewMath-AltDemiItalic]
> \stoptypescript
>
> \starttypescript [bfmath] [lucidayy] [texnansi,ec,8r]
>   \definefontsynonym [LucidaBright-Demi]           [hlhb8y]
> [encoding=texnansi]
>   \definefontsynonym [LucidaNewMath-AltDemiItalic] [hlcdima]
> \stoptypescript
>
> Typesetting:
> \starttext
> \usetypescript[luc][texnansi]\setupbodyfont[luc,10pt]\lucidatrue
> {$\sqrt{a^2 + b^2} = c + \mf\sin{}x\quad {\ma NZRC}$}\crlf
> \stoptext
>  Gives me for the variables neatly LucidaNewMath-AltItalic.
*** Changing the fonts in the above typescript does work ***

> But typesetting
> \starttext
> \usetypescript[luc][texnansi]\setupbodyfont[luc,10pt]\lucidatrue
> {$\bfmath\sqrt{a^2 + b^2} = c + \mf\sin{}x\quad {\ma NZRC}$}\crlf
> \stoptext
> Gives me LucidaBright-Demi instead of LucidaNewMath-AltDemiItalic.
> Everything else however (even the blackletters from ma) are in the
> correct bold math font.
> The font must be present, because substituting MathItalicBold for
> MathItalic in the [math] script proves that.
*** But not coming from my typescript I conclude from several
experiments ***

Hans van der Meer

* Re: Re: bold math not mathitalic
@ 2005-11-16 16:04 ` Hans van der Meer