Dear Hans, I have been typesetting a Newsletter using ConTeXt since 2003. I have updated the programme regularly and made adjustments to my template as needed. Following the most recent update I have problems with footnotes in columns. Depending on the number and length of the footnotes I have varied between placing them at the end of each column or as a list at the end of each page using: \setupnote[footnote][location=columns] or commenting out %\setupnote[footnote][location=columns] to get what I need. In the attached image I had commented out %\setupnote[footnote][location=columns] expecting to get footnotes arranged one beneath the other at the bottom of the page but I get them in two columns and both run off the page. Can you help on this? I attach an .png of the result. Thanks, Charlie