* footnoterule
@ 2013-04-17 18:02 Meer, H. van der
From: Meer, H. van der @ 2013-04-17 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG ConTeXt

Is there a reason why the first does switches off the rule above the footnote
  \setupfootnotes[rule=off]
but this doesn't?
  \setupnotation[footnote][rule=off]]

Just try with

\setupnotation[footnote][rule=off] % either this or the next one
%\setupfootnotes[rule=off]
\starttext
Some footnote\footnote{The foonote}.\crlf
\stoptext

Hans van der Meer

* Re: footnoterule
@ 2013-04-17 18:14 ` Marco Patzer
From: Marco Patzer @ 2013-04-17 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 2013–04–17 Meer, H. van der wrote:

> Is there a reason why the first does switches off the rule above the footnote
>   \setupfootnotes[rule=off]
> but this doesn't?
>   \setupnotation[footnote][rule=off]]

It's \setupnotes, not \setupnotation that controls the rule.

\setupnotes
  [footnote]
  [rule=off]

\starttext
Some footnote\footnote{The foonote}.\crlf
\stoptext

Marco

* Re: footnoterule
@ 2013-04-17 18:46   ` Meer, H. van der
From: Meer, H. van der @ 2013-04-17 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

I find this setup stuff bewildering. My last posting is concerning the typesetting of the endnote numbering in both the text and the list at the en dof the chapter. In the Reference Manual both textcommand and numbercommand are treated in the same setup macro: \setupfootnotes on page 94. But (with the help of your reply) I find now there are different macros needed to set them up:

Needed for the text = \setupnotes[endnote][textcommand=\hifnmarker]
Needed for the list = \setupnotation[endnote][numbercommand=\fnmarker]
\def\fnmarker#1{[#1]}\def\hifnmarker#1{\high{[#1]}}

Wolfgang Schuster just comes up with a similar solution:
\setupnote    [endnote][textcommand=\groupedcommand{[}{]}]
\setupnotation[endnote][numbercommand=\groupedcommand{[}{]}]
Allthough the difference between \setupnote and \setupnotes alludes me.

The \setupnotes does not handle the numbercommand, the \setupnotation does not handle the textcommand. I find this split in behaviour difficult to understand. May I plead for a unification here?

Hans van der Meer

@ 2013-04-17 19:03     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-04-17 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)