* lettrine and setupalign cause Overfull \hbox errors
@ 2010-08-12  4:03 Martin Althoff
From: Martin Althoff @ 2010-08-12  4:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

There appears to be some kind of clash between the lettrine module and setting up \setupalign[right] when used together: on a 200 page text every line has Overfull \hbox errors.

As a (stupid?) side question: why is text, that aligns on the left edge of an odd-numbered page called "right" aligned?

Thanks, Martin

Demo:

\usemodule[lettrine]

\setupalign[right]

\starttext
\dorecurse{5}{\lettrine {T}{here} {\input tufte\par}}
\stoptext

* Re: lettrine and setupalign cause Overfull \hbox errors
@ 2010-08-12  5:11 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2010-08-12  5:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 08/12/2010 06:03 AM, Martin Althoff wrote:
> There appears to be some kind of clash between the lettrine module
> and setting up \setupalign[right] when used together: on a 200 page
> text every line has Overfull \hbox errors.

Both are attempting to do something special with the paragraph
shape, and the interaction is causing trouble.

> As a (stupid?) side question: why is text, that aligns on the left
> edge of an odd-numbered page called "right" aligned?

This is a FAQ, see this page for why:

   http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Right_and_left

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: lettrine and setupalign cause Overfull \hbox errors
@ 2010-08-12  5:47   ` Martin Althoff
From: Martin Althoff @ 2010-08-12  5:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> Both are attempting to do something special with the
> paragraph
> shape, and the interaction is causing trouble.

Taco, thanks. Does that mean I have either live with it or forget about left alignment?

Martin

* Re: lettrine and setupalign cause Overfull \hbox errors
@ 2010-08-12  9:16     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2010-08-12  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Martin Althoff wrote:
>> Both are attempting to do something special with the
>> paragraph
>> shape, and the interaction is causing trouble.
>
> Taco, thanks. Does that mean I have either live with it or forget about left alignment?

For the moment, at least. Lettrine could be made smarter in mkiv,
but I have no time.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: lettrine and setupalign cause Overfull \hbox errors
@ 2010-08-13  1:58       ` Martin Althoff
From: Martin Althoff @ 2010-08-13  1:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

> For the moment, at least. Lettrine could be made smarter in
> mkiv,

Good to know

> but I have no time.

I know that feeling! Not a big problem for me, I mean the errors. Good thing needs good time (Gut Ding braucht gut Weile.)

Take care, Martin