* Re: how should \setupfootnotes work?
@ 2002-07-22 15:26 Bruce D'Arcus
From: Bruce D'Arcus @ 2002-07-22 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Hans Hagen wrote:

>did you try \setupfootnotedefinition? this accepts the same key/values
as
>any definition macro (which means that you can put the number part
>left/right/serries/inmargin etc

No; I thought that was simply for changing the type of footnote, rather
than their layout.  Are you saying it's not possible to do what I ask
with the standard \setupfootnotes command?

Also, related to footnotes, are you aware of the following?

Put three footnotes on the same page.  Now, change the paragraph that
contains the second footnote into a framed text.  The footnote
numbering within the text reamins the same (the 2 stays in the framed
text), but now there is no footnote number 2; the footnotes now jump
from 1 to 3.

Bruce

* Re: how should \setupfootnotes work?
@ 2002-07-21 22:03 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-07-21 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 10:14 AM 7/21/2002 -0400, Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

>I asked this earlier, but didn't get an answer, so will try again.
>
>I want to add a slight indent to my footnote text, and a bit of
>whitespace between each of them.  I tried all sorts of different
>options but none worked.  I assume this is easy, but I'm not getting
>it!
>
>This is where it would be nice if the documentation actually described
>the different commands and gave a few examples (though I realize that
>could be difficult to do for every command)...

did you try \setupfootnotedefinition? this accepts the same key/values as
any definition macro (which means that you can put the number part
left/right/serries/inmargin etc

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* how should \setupfootnotes work?