* modules maps fails
@ 2008-06-06 23:40 Diego Depaoli
       [not found] ` <6faad9f00806061703x252df153r3e6fec92c128cb5f@mail.gmail.com>
From: Diego Depaoli @ 2008-06-06 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,
trying build the example at http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Modules/Maps
I get the following cryptic error

(/home/diego/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-siz.tex)
(/home/diego/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-one.tex)
(/home/diego/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-akb.tex)
(/home/diego/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-gyr.tex)
! Font \*map7ptmmmrss*:=zeurm10 at 7.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM)
file not found.
<to be read again>
                   \relax
\xxdododefinefont ...tspec {#4}\newfontidentifier
                                                  \let \localrelativefontsiz...

\dodosetmathfamilyB ...amily \fontsize \endcsname
                                                  \else \ifcsname \fontclass...

\dosetmathfamily ...athfamily \scriptscriptfont #1
                                                  \let \fontbody #3\dodosetm...
<inserted text> ...ptscriptface \c!mr \mrfallback
                                                  \dosetmathfamily \mifam \t...

\synchronizemath ...athfonts \the \mathstrategies
                                                  \fi
l.118 \setupbodyfont [map,10pt]

?
! Emergency stop.

Something similar happens in live too.
What I'm wrong?

Regards

--
Diego Depaoli

* Re: modules maps fails
@ 2008-06-07  0:02 ` Mojca Miklavec
       [not found] ` <6faad9f00806061703x252df153r3e6fec92c128cb5f@mail.gmail.com>
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2008-06-07  0:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 1:40 AM, Diego Depaoli wrote:
> Hi all,
> trying build the example at http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Modules/Maps
> I get the following cryptic error
>
> (/home/diego/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-siz.tex)
> (/home/diego/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-one.tex)
> (/home/diego/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-akb.tex)
> (/home/diego/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-gyr.tex)
> ! Font \*map7ptmmmrss*:=zeurm10 at 7.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM)
> file not found.
> <to be read again>
>                   \relax
> \xxdododefinefont ...tspec {#4}\newfontidentifier
>                                                  \let \localrelativefontsiz...
>
> \dodosetmathfamilyB ...amily \fontsize \endcsname
>                                                  \else \ifcsname \fontclass...
>
> \dosetmathfamily ...athfamily \scriptscriptfont #1
>                                                  \let \fontbody #3\dodosetm...
> <inserted text> ...ptscriptface \c!mr \mrfallback
>                                                  \dosetmathfamily \mifam \t...
>
> \synchronizemath ...athfonts \the \mathstrategies
>                                                  \fi
> l.118 \setupbodyfont [map,10pt]
>
> ?
> ! Emergency stop.
>
> Something similar happens in live too.
> What I'm wrong?
>
> Regards

Hello Diego,

I'm sorry, I forgot to add the Euler math font to the minimals.

Mojca

* Re: modules maps fails
       [not found]     ` <83e5fb980806070028u4eef32aat4381bb54f655c05d@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2008-06-07  9:11       ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2008-06-07  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 9:28 AM, Diego Depaoli wrote:

>> I have added map files, but I doubt that that is enough. Please try
>> and report whether it works.
>
> now, with --xtx switch, I get this error
>
> (/home/diego/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-xtx.tex)
> ! Font \*map7ptrmscss*:=CharterBT-SmallCap at 6.64998pt not loadable:
> Metric (TFM) file or installed font not found.

That's because of

./tex/context/base/type-otf.tex:    \definefontsynonym [Charter-Roman]
      [name:CharterBT-Roman]        % or: [bchr8a]
./tex/context/base/type-otf.tex:    \definefontsynonym
[Charter-Italic]      [name:CharterBT-Italic]       % or: [bchri8a]
./tex/context/base/type-otf.tex:    \definefontsynonym [Charter-Bold]
      [name:CharterBT-Bold]         % or: [bchb8a]
./tex/context/base/type-otf.tex:    \definefontsynonym
[Charter-BoldItalic]  [name:CharterBT-BoldItalic]   % or: [bchbi8a]
./tex/context/base/type-otf.tex:    \definefontsynonym
[Charter-Slanted]     [name:CharterBT-Italic]       % or: [bchri8a]
./tex/context/base/type-otf.tex:    \definefontsynonym
[Charter-BoldSlanted] [name:CharterBT-BoldItalic]   % or: [bchbi8a]
./tex/context/base/type-otf.tex:    \definefontsynonym
[Charter-Roman-Caps]  [name:CharterBT-SmallCap]     % or: [bchrc8a]

The fonts are on
     http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/charter/
and I can add them, but there is still one problem.

Since fonts are defined this way, you would need to configure
fc-config to look for fonts in that directory in order to find the
font. Or one would need to change the definition.

Hans - what would be the implications for LuaTeX if
    name:CharterBT-Roman
was changed into
    file:bchr8a
? Not suggesting that yet, only asking.

> and without --xtx switch this one
>
> (/home/diego/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-gyr.tex)
> ! Font \*map7ptrmtfss*:=texnansi-bchr8a at 6.64998pt not loadable:
> Metric (TFM)  file not found.

The files are under
    http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/current/cont-fnt.zip
Many of the files included there are obsolete now, that's why I didn't
include them at the first place. But this one is not. Quick fix: unzip
those files into texmf-local for example (or texmf, but you need to be
careful not to use the --delete switch then). Proper fix - Hans, Taco,
should I filter the useful files out of that zip and add them to the
minimals? Which ones?

Mojca

* Re: modules maps fails
@ 2008-06-07  9:33         ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2008-06-07  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 9:28 AM, Diego Depaoli wrote:
>>> I have added map files, but I doubt that that is enough. Please try
>>> and report whether it works.
>> now, with --xtx switch, I get this error
>>
>> (/home/diego/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-xtx.tex)
>> ! Font \*map7ptrmscss*:=CharterBT-SmallCap at 6.64998pt not loadable:
>> Metric (TFM) file or installed font not found.

This is a dud/bug: there really is no font named "CharterBT-SmallCap".

The name was accidentally created when converting from tfm to actual
font names (fontinst and texfont both have a virtual small caps and
an oblique charter font, but is totally artificial).

\definefontsynonym [Charter-Roman-Caps]  [file:bchrc8a]

hopefully fixes that. The rest of the typescript should be fine.

> Proper fix - Hans, Taco,
> should I filter the useful files out of that zip and add them to the
> minimals? Which ones?

Yes, but proposing a truly minimal set is beyond me. Charter, Utopia and
Verdana are useful for sure. I am not so sure about antp and lbr, but
perhaps it is easiest to simply include all fonts that are not
superseded by tex-gyre.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: modules maps fails
@ 2008-06-07 11:16           ` Diego Depaoli
From: Diego Depaoli @ 2008-06-07 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

2008/6/7 Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com>:
> This is a dud/bug: there really is no font named "CharterBT-SmallCap".
>
> The name was accidentally created when converting from tfm to actual
> font names (fontinst and texfont both have a virtual small caps and
> an oblique charter font, but is totally artificial).
>
> \definefontsynonym [Charter-Roman-Caps]  [file:bchrc8a]
>
> hopefully fixes that. The rest of the typescript should be fine.
>
>> Proper fix - Hans, Taco,
>> should I filter the useful files out of that zip and add them to the
>> minimals? Which ones?
>
> Yes, but proposing a truly minimal set is beyond me. Charter, Utopia and
> Verdana are useful for sure. I am not so sure about antp and lbr, but
> perhaps it is easiest to simply include all fonts that are not
> superseded by tex-gyre.

Texfont is always on my desktop waiting to be read, so I understood
the 5% of this discussion,
but this list is very, very helpful.

Many thanks
--