* Trivial question about texexec --pdfsplit
@ 2008-07-01 19:07 Diego Depaoli
From: Diego Depaoli @ 2008-07-01 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

How texexec --pdfsplit somefile.pdf works?
I'm trying to split my booklet [A5][A4,landscape], texexec runs but I
get only the last page in texexec.pdf.

Cheers

--
Diego Depaoli

* Re: Trivial question about texexec --pdfsplit
@ 2008-07-02  6:21 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-07-02  6:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 9:07 PM, Diego Depaoli <trebestie@gmail.com> wrote:
> How texexec --pdfsplit somefile.pdf works?
> I'm trying to split my booklet [A5][A4,landscape], texexec runs but I
> get only the last page in texexec.pdf.

texexec reads the number of pages in the document and produce
for each page a new tex document in the following form.

\starttext
\startTEXpage
\externalfigure[document][page=...]
\stopTEXpage
\stoptext

It could be possible the resulting pdf file is not renamed and overwritten
from the next page and you end with the last page only (untested).

If you want to split pdf documents you could also try pdftk.

Regards
Wolfgang

* Re: Trivial question about texexec --pdfsplit
@ 2008-07-02  6:51   ` Diego Depaoli
From: Diego Depaoli @ 2008-07-02  6:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

2008/7/2 Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com>:
> It could be possible the resulting pdf file is not renamed and overwritten
> from the next page and you end with the last page only (untested).
Tested, it's exactly what happens.

> If you want to split pdf documents you could also try pdftk.
Yes, I know it.

Thanks

--
Diego Depaoli