* Problem with new version
@ 2012-10-02 17:43 pavel
From: pavel @ 2012-10-02 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,

yesterday I upgraded my debian and I found out that my previsously prepared publication
cannot be compiled with the new version of ConTeXt.

The publication looks like:

   * main file "ausgewaehlte.tex"

       \startproject ausgewaehlte

       \environment ausgewaehlte_environment

       \startfrontmatter

       \setuppagenumbering[state=stop]
       \product titelpage

       \stopfrontmatter
       \startbodymatter
       \setuppagenumbering[state=start]
       \product first
       \product second
       \stopbodymatter

       \stopproject

   * environment file "ausgewaehlte_environment.tex"

       \startenvironment ausgewaehlte_environment

       \usemodule[typo-krn]
       \usemodule[letterspace]
       \setupoutput[pdftex]
       \enableregime[utf]
       \mainlanguage[cz]

       \definefontfeature[hz][default][protrusion=punctuation,expansion=quality, mode=node]
       \definefontfeature[oldnumbers][language=DFLT,script=latn,onum=yes]
       \setupfonthandling [hz][min=20, max=20, step=5]
       \setupalign[hz,hanging]
       \stopenvironment

This publication I could compile without problem with context having these
debian packages:

       luatex                                    0.70.1-1+b1                              next generation TeX engine
       texlive-luatex                            2009-15                                  TeX Live: LuaTeX packages
       context                                   2011.05.18.20110627-1                    powerful TeX format
       context-modules                           20110701-1                               additional ConTeXt modules

After upgrading debian to:

       luatex                                         0.70.1.20120524-3                               amd64        next generation TeX engine
       texlive-luatex                                 2012.20120611-4                                 all          TeX Live: LuaTeX packages
       context                                        2012.05.30.20120611-1                           all          powerful TeX format
       context-modules                                20120611-1                                      all          additional ConTeXt modules

I get these error by compiling the above source:

    This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.70.2-2012070300 (TeX Live 2012/Debian)
     \write18 enabled.
    (ausgewaehlte.tex
    jobcontrol      > version mismatch with jobfile: 1.14 <> 1.19

    ConTeXt  ver: 2012.05.30 11:26 MKIV  fmt: 2012.9.28  int: english/english

    system          > cont-new.mkiv loaded
    (/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/cont-new.mkiv
    system          > beware: some patches loaded from cont-new.mkiv
    )
    system          > ausgewaehlte.top loaded
    (ausgewaehlte.top)
    fonts           > latin modern fonts are not preloaded
    languages       > language en is active
    {/usr/share/texmf/fonts/map/pdftex/context/mkiv-base.map}
    fonts           > preloading latin modern fonts (second stage)
    fonts           > typescripts > unknown: library 'loc'
    {/usr/share/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/lm/lm-math.map}{/usr/share/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/lm/lm-rm.map}
    fonts           > virtual math > unable to resolve name mapsfromchar
    fonts           > fallback modern rm 12pt is loaded
    (ausgewaehlte_environment.tex
    resolvers       > modules > loaded: 'typo-krn'
    (/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/typo-krn.mkiv
    <+ /usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/typo-krn.lua>
    system          > duplicate core namespace 'characterkerning'

    \wait =

Could anyone explain me what happened? Why the new context version complains
about "duplicate core namespace" when the previous version worked without problems?

Any help will be appreciated.

Best regards

Pavel

* Re: Problem with new version
@ 2012-10-03  8:35 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-10-03  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 02.10.2012 um 19:43 schrieb pavel@hanak.name:

> Hello,
>
> yesterday I upgraded my debian and I found out that my previsously prepared publication
> cannot be compiled with the new version of ConTeXt.
>
> The publication looks like:
>
>   * main file "ausgewaehlte.tex"
>
>       \startproject ausgewaehlte
>
>       \environment ausgewaehlte_environment
>
>       \startfrontmatter
>
>       \setuppagenumbering[state=stop]
>       \product titelpage
>
>       \stopfrontmatter
>       \startbodymatter
>       \setuppagenumbering[state=start]
>       \product first
>       \product second
>       \stopbodymatter
>
>       \stopproject
>
>   * environment file "ausgewaehlte_environment.tex"
>
>       \startenvironment ausgewaehlte_environment
>
>       \usemodule[typo-krn]
>        […]
>
> Could anyone explain me what happened? Why the new context version complains
> about "duplicate core namespace" when the previous version worked without problems?
>
> Any help will be appreciated.

You try to load the file typo-krn.mkiv in your document which is already loaded by context
when it generated the format and one of the commands in the file complains when it is
defined twice. Remove the line from your document and it should work.

Wolfgang