I'm typesetting some proceedings which include a good number of round brackets followed by punctuation. This often occurs in the body of the text, but also in the hand coded bibliographies, e.g.: ) plus . , ; : The trouble is that excessive space is often introduced between the bracket and the punctuation. I can control the excessive space that sometimes occurs between ) and . by using )\periods[1], although this ruins the protrusion if it occurs at the end of a line. Does anyone know how I might be able to somehow "tie" ) to . , ; : so that the distance remains reasonable, and so that protrusion still works? Best, Richard -- Richard Mahoney | Indica et Buddhica Littledene Bay Road Oxford NZT: +64 3 312 1699 M: +64 210 640 216IM: @rmahoney https://t.me/rmahoneyrmahoney@indica-et-buddhica.org https://indica-et-buddhica.org/