* \checkpage in the TOC
@ 2020-08-10 21:02 Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2020-08-10 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG-Context ConTeXt users

Hello!

humble, in another book I am trying to improve the list of contents. On different places occur page breaks which should be addressed and corrected.

I tried to use the method \checkpage[][], however my attempts are not succesful.

For your reference I include a screenshot of the problematic pagebreak.

\definepagechecker
   [willi]
   [method=1,before=,after=,inbetween={\page}]

\setuplist
	[chapter]
	[prefix=no,
	sectionnumber=no,
	headnumber=no,
   alternative=command,
   command=\Mychaptercommand,
  inbetween={\checkpage[willi][lines=4]}

Thank you for advice!
Kind regards
Willi
]

[-- Attachment #1.2.1: Type: text/html, Size: 1900 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #1.2.2: Contents-beekeepersmanual.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 86035 bytes --]

* Re: \checkpage in the TOC
@ 2020-08-12  0:04 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2020-08-12  0:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 8/10/2020 11:02 PM, Willi Egger wrote:
> Hello!
>
> humble, in another book I am trying to improve the list of contents. On
> different places occur page breaks which should be addressed and corrected.
>
> I tried to use the method \checkpage[][], however my attempts are not
> succesful.
>
> For your reference I include a screenshot of the problematic pagebreak.
>
> \definepagechecker
>     [willi]
>     [method=1,before=,after=,inbetween={\page}]
>
> \setuplist
> [chapter]
> [prefix=no,
> sectionnumber=no,
> headnumber=no,
>     alternative=command,
>     command=\Mychaptercommand,
>    inbetween={\checkpage[willi][lines=4]}
>
> Thank you for advice!
> Kind regards
> Willi
> ]
Here's an example of an actually already quite old mechanism ..

\showinjector

\setinjector[register][3][\column]
\setinjector[list]    [2][{\blank[3*big]}]

\starttext
     \placelist[section][criterium=text]
     \blank[3*big]
     \placeregister[index][criterium=text]
     \page
     \startsection[title=Alpha] first  \index{first}  \stopsection
     \startsection[title=Beta]  second \index{second} \stopsection
     \startsection[title=Gamma] third  \index{third}  \stopsection
     \startsection[title=Delta] fourth \index{fourth} \stopsection
\stoptext

.. so you now have something to wikify ..

Hans

* Re: \checkpage in the TOC
@ 2020-08-12 13:16   ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2020-08-12 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG-Context ConTeXt users

Beste Hans!

thank you so much for your solution!

After plying I will remember your last statement in your answer :-)

Kind regards

Willi