Hmm, interesting. I used "texconfig init". No, there seems to be no change if I rename it. Thanks, David On Jan 17, 2006, at 2:15 AM, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote: > No, that's not correct, it's not Gerben's distribution that does > that. Which commands do you use to generate the formats? The > directory you describe very likely shouldn't be there, and you can > probably just delete it. Try renaming it to something else and see > if that solves your problem. > > HTH > > Thomas > > On Jan 17, 2006, at 12:18 AM, David Wooten wrote: > >> I've rested a couple of days and found that, in fact, Gerben's >> distribution generates the new fmt files in ~/Library/texmf/web2c. >> Still, none of my attempts have produced changes in the allocated >> memory.